Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
A chopper is a type of custom motorcycle which emerged in California in the late 1950s. The chopper is perhaps the most extreme of all custom styles, often using radically modified steering angles and lengthened forks for a stretched-out appearance. They can be built from an original motorcycle which is modified (“chopped”) or built from scratch.
Some of the characteristic features of choppers are long front ends with extended forks often coupled with an increased rake angle, hardtail frames (frames without rear suspension), very tall “ape hanger” or very short “drag” handlebars, lengthened or stretched frames, and larger than stock front wheels. The “sissy bar”, a set of tubes that connect the rear fender with the frame, and which are often extended several feet high, is a signature feature on many choppers.
Perhaps the best known choppers are the two customized Harley-Davidsons, the “Captain America” and “Billy Bike”, seen in the 1969 film Easy Rider.
Kickass or badass—whatever you wanna call these tough biker ladies—here’s a selection of amazing vintage photos of young women with their easy rider choppers.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of Young Women in the Late 1980s and Early ’90s
- Woman Spends Up to 11 Hours Turning Herself Into the Most Stunning Optical Illusions
- The Finalists of The 2020 Comedy Pet Photography Awards Have Been Announced, and They’re Pretty Damn Funny!
- This Tattoo Artist Specializes in ‘Secret Tattoos’ on the Roof of the Mouth
- Cowboys and Indians: Incredible Western Paintings by Mark Maggiori
- Stunning Aerial Photos Shows Luxury Cruise Ships Being Broken Up At a Dock in Turkey
- Indian Photographer Recreates Realistic Miniature Brands on His Desktop
- This Instagram Account Points Out How Much Celebrity Faces Have Changed Over The Years
- Stuck In The Real World: Characters From Cartoons And Movies Placed In Real Photos
- This Is How Our Beautiful Planet Earth Looks from Above These Days of Global Pandemic