Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
A chopper is a type of custom motorcycle which emerged in California in the late 1950s. The chopper is perhaps the most extreme of all custom styles, often using radically modified steering angles and lengthened forks for a stretched-out appearance. They can be built from an original motorcycle which is modified (“chopped”) or built from scratch.
Some of the characteristic features of choppers are long front ends with extended forks often coupled with an increased rake angle, hardtail frames (frames without rear suspension), very tall “ape hanger” or very short “drag” handlebars, lengthened or stretched frames, and larger than stock front wheels. The “sissy bar”, a set of tubes that connect the rear fender with the frame, and which are often extended several feet high, is a signature feature on many choppers.
Perhaps the best known choppers are the two customized Harley-Davidsons, the “Captain America” and “Billy Bike”, seen in the 1969 film Easy Rider.
Kickass or badass—whatever you wanna call these tough biker ladies—here’s a selection of amazing vintage photos of young women with their easy rider choppers.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- An Animal Shelter Dressed Dogs in Human Clothes to Help Them Find Homes
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Makeup Artist Keeps Transforming Herself Into Characters And Celebrities
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- The Best Winning Photos Of Close-Up Photographer Of The Year 2021
- Sexy Pictures Of ABBA’s Agnetha Faltskog Posed For Sweden’s Poster Magazine In 1976
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- This Artist Makes Alternative Posters For Horror Films And TV Series In The Form Of Clay Sculptures
- Cthulhu Turkey: It’s a Turkey Stuffed With Octopus That People Actually Make