Stunning 3D Printed Mycelium Shoe By Ica & Kostika
Ica & Kostika just launched their 3D printing studio with the goal of creating fashion-forward footwear via computational design. The Mycelium Shoe is just as much sculpture as it is a shoe, an intricate work of art that’s designed to make a statement. Whether that statement is on a runway, Lady Gaga’s feet, or walking down a city street remains to be seen.
The Mycelium Shoe benefits from the latest 3D printing has to offer. First, the future wearer downloads the app and uploads a series of photos of their feet. Their algorithm then creates a 3D sketch that allows for fit improvements before 3D printing and finishing with automotive grade technologies that make up the final structure.
The result is a custom fit, wearable shoe with a unique silhouette that will surely stop traffic. If you’re brave or just intrigued, you can jump on a pair but fair warning – they are a limited edition of only five pairs. They’ll be available for pre-order later this year as part of a future collection entitled Exobiology.
More: Ica & Kostika
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Slav Romance: Heartbreaking Drama Story In Ten Pictures
- Japanese Photographer Releases Book Of Breasts And Cats
- Offensive Plates To Insult Your Guests With Class
- 12 Screen Adaptation Characters Who Are Significantly Different From The Original
- Artist Reveals What Fonts Were Used To Design Famous Logos
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- Photographer Captures The Best (Worst?) Mullets From MulletFest 2020
- Swedish Artist Group Called Anonymouse Continues To Create Tiny Houses For Mouses The Around City
- These Marine-Themed Cakes Are The Coolest Treats We’ve Seen In A While
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden