Stunning 3D Printed Mycelium Shoe By Ica & Kostika
Ica & Kostika just launched their 3D printing studio with the goal of creating fashion-forward footwear via computational design. The Mycelium Shoe is just as much sculpture as it is a shoe, an intricate work of art that’s designed to make a statement. Whether that statement is on a runway, Lady Gaga’s feet, or walking down a city street remains to be seen.
The Mycelium Shoe benefits from the latest 3D printing has to offer. First, the future wearer downloads the app and uploads a series of photos of their feet. Their algorithm then creates a 3D sketch that allows for fit improvements before 3D printing and finishing with automotive grade technologies that make up the final structure.
The result is a custom fit, wearable shoe with a unique silhouette that will surely stop traffic. If you’re brave or just intrigued, you can jump on a pair but fair warning – they are a limited edition of only five pairs. They’ll be available for pre-order later this year as part of a future collection entitled Exobiology.
More: Ica & Kostika
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Bizarre House Hangs Perilously Over a Cliff’s Edge in Australia
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- “Sic Transit Gloria Mundi”: Thus Passes The Glory Of The World
- GrelkaFest 2019: The Annual Bikini Ski Day In Siberia!
- Dimensions Blur In Aakash Nihalani’s Minimalist Optical Illusions
- “My Surreal Hong Kong”: Superb Photo Manipulations With A Twist By Tommy Fung
- Incredible Images Capture The Raw Beauty Of Waves Breaking Off The Coast Of South Africa
- Belgian Guy Documents Ugly Houses He Sees And They’re So Bad, It’s Hilarious
- This Incredible Japanese Aquarium Toilet
- “Grave Of Thrones”: Here’s An Epic Graveyard To Mourn ‘Game Of Thrones’ Deaths In Latest Experiential Campaign