Stunning 3D Printed Mycelium Shoe By Ica & Kostika
Ica & Kostika just launched their 3D printing studio with the goal of creating fashion-forward footwear via computational design. The Mycelium Shoe is just as much sculpture as it is a shoe, an intricate work of art that’s designed to make a statement. Whether that statement is on a runway, Lady Gaga’s feet, or walking down a city street remains to be seen.
The Mycelium Shoe benefits from the latest 3D printing has to offer. First, the future wearer downloads the app and uploads a series of photos of their feet. Their algorithm then creates a 3D sketch that allows for fit improvements before 3D printing and finishing with automotive grade technologies that make up the final structure.
The result is a custom fit, wearable shoe with a unique silhouette that will surely stop traffic. If you’re brave or just intrigued, you can jump on a pair but fair warning – they are a limited edition of only five pairs. They’ll be available for pre-order later this year as part of a future collection entitled Exobiology.
More: Ica & Kostika
- Tokyo Was Made For Giant Monsters, Giant Girls And Camera Tricks
- The Most Awkward Family Christmas Photos Ever
- Quirky And Daring: Best Soviet Concept Cars
- Anti-Coyote Vests For Dogs Are More Punk Rock Than You’d Expect
- Photos Proving Winter Is Here
- New Light Sculpture By Design Bridge And Gali May Lucas Highlights Our Obsession With Staring At Screen
- Man Noticed This Abandoned Hangar But Whats Inside Caught Him By Surprise
- Men Behaving Badly On Saucy Vintage Postcards
- Crazy (Cool) Cat Men: Ridiculous Studio Photos Of Men Posing With Their Beloved Cats
- Inside China’s Trash Park Where Bentleys And Mercedes Worths Millions Are Abandoned By Their Rich Owners