Stunning 3D Printed Mycelium Shoe By Ica & Kostika
Ica & Kostika just launched their 3D printing studio with the goal of creating fashion-forward footwear via computational design. The Mycelium Shoe is just as much sculpture as it is a shoe, an intricate work of art that’s designed to make a statement. Whether that statement is on a runway, Lady Gaga’s feet, or walking down a city street remains to be seen.
The Mycelium Shoe benefits from the latest 3D printing has to offer. First, the future wearer downloads the app and uploads a series of photos of their feet. Their algorithm then creates a 3D sketch that allows for fit improvements before 3D printing and finishing with automotive grade technologies that make up the final structure.
The result is a custom fit, wearable shoe with a unique silhouette that will surely stop traffic. If you’re brave or just intrigued, you can jump on a pair but fair warning – they are a limited edition of only five pairs. They’ll be available for pre-order later this year as part of a future collection entitled Exobiology.
More: Ica & Kostika
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- “The Morning Never Came”: Amazing Fantasy Illustrations By Adrian Smith
- #NotYourValentine: Controversial Brand Honey Birdette Lingerie Flashmob Takes To Sydney
- The Only Thing More Bonkers Than This Starcraft Cosplay Is How They Made It
- Candid Snapshots Capture Everyday Life Of Vancouver Youth In The 1970s
- Someone Uploaded An Amazing Collection Of Hi-Res, Textless Movie Posters
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- The Extremely Rare Black Leopard Confirmed In Africa For First Time In 100 Years