Stunning 3D Printed Mycelium Shoe By Ica & Kostika
Ica & Kostika just launched their 3D printing studio with the goal of creating fashion-forward footwear via computational design. The Mycelium Shoe is just as much sculpture as it is a shoe, an intricate work of art that’s designed to make a statement. Whether that statement is on a runway, Lady Gaga’s feet, or walking down a city street remains to be seen.
The Mycelium Shoe benefits from the latest 3D printing has to offer. First, the future wearer downloads the app and uploads a series of photos of their feet. Their algorithm then creates a 3D sketch that allows for fit improvements before 3D printing and finishing with automotive grade technologies that make up the final structure.
The result is a custom fit, wearable shoe with a unique silhouette that will surely stop traffic. If you’re brave or just intrigued, you can jump on a pair but fair warning – they are a limited edition of only five pairs. They’ll be available for pre-order later this year as part of a future collection entitled Exobiology.
More: Ica & Kostika
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Guy Hilariously Captions The Weirdest Construction Fails He Finds
- Man Uses 11 Shipping Containers To Build His 2,500 Square Foot Dream House, And The Inside Looks Amazing
- A Mixture Of Innocence, Beauty, Violence, Decadence, Japanese And Russian Folklore – In Bizarre Works By Vania Zhuravlev
- In An Old Village In Southern Bavaria, A Unique Ancient Pagan Tradition Is Still Alive
- Meet Sygmond, The Beautiful Gray Cat Of Your Nightmares
- Girl Draws Self-Portraits Before And During LSD High
- 40 Newspaper Headlines That Push The Limits Of Human Stupidity
- Yokai Horrors From The 18th Century Bakemono Zukushi Scroll – The Nightmarish, Curious And Rather Cute Demons Were Created In The Edo Period
- Russian Artists Recreate Famous Paintings And Have Much Fun
- Weird Grave Stones Of The Russian Bandit Cemetery