Stunning 3D Printed Mycelium Shoe By Ica & Kostika
Ica & Kostika just launched their 3D printing studio with the goal of creating fashion-forward footwear via computational design. The Mycelium Shoe is just as much sculpture as it is a shoe, an intricate work of art that’s designed to make a statement. Whether that statement is on a runway, Lady Gaga’s feet, or walking down a city street remains to be seen.
The Mycelium Shoe benefits from the latest 3D printing has to offer. First, the future wearer downloads the app and uploads a series of photos of their feet. Their algorithm then creates a 3D sketch that allows for fit improvements before 3D printing and finishing with automotive grade technologies that make up the final structure.
The result is a custom fit, wearable shoe with a unique silhouette that will surely stop traffic. If you’re brave or just intrigued, you can jump on a pair but fair warning – they are a limited edition of only five pairs. They’ll be available for pre-order later this year as part of a future collection entitled Exobiology.
More: Ica & Kostika
- Serbian Photographer Exposes Stunning Photos Of Daily Life In Moscow, Russia You’ve Never Seen Before
- Stefan Koidl Continues To Create Spooky Illustrations, And You Shouldn’t Click If You’re Easily Frightened
- Someone In Colorado Is Putting Up The Funniest Signs Ever
- Couple Recreates “Alien” Birth Scene For Maternity Photo Shoot
- Natalia Fabia Paints Seductive And Sparkling Women
- Albania’s Graveyard Of Soviet-Era MiGs
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Miyu Kojima Creates Miniature Replicas Of Lonely Deaths
- 2018 Has Been Scary: We’ve Got The Posters To Prove It
- Meet The Arist Filling Potholes With Mosaics Of NYC Vermin