Artist Creates Intricately Patterned Artworks by Delicately Stitching Colourful Threads Into Leaves
American artist Hillary Waters Fayle creates intricately patterned artworks by delicately stitching colourful threads into leaves. “I want this work to ask people to slow down and think about this leaf – what beauty can be achieved when working with care.” She collects the leaves from her yard or from parks and maps out the design on each one before stitching.
She first started experimenting while working at a summer camp for young adults themed around environmental education.
“It was here that I first combined my passions – art and embroidery with nature.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Incredible Winning Photographs From The 2020 International Photography Awards
- “Russian Riviera”: Resort City of Yalta in Stunning Photos by Martin Parr
- Before She Was Famous, Marilyn Monroe Was Paid Just $10 an Hour to Pose for Pin-up Artist Earl Moran in the Late 1940s
- This Korean Tattoo Artist Creates Tattoo Cover-Up Masterpieces!
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Tokyo International Foto Awards 2020
- Attractive Female Portraits By Natalia Ivanova That Show How Diverse And Beautiful Humans Are
- Illustrations That Reveal Our Weird Social Media Lives
- Everyday Things That Look Totally Different Under A Microscope
- Stunning Vintage Photos That Capture New York’s Subway Since The ’80s
- Design Crowd Issued A Challenge To Create The Worst Ad, And The Contestants Have Delivered