Artist Creates Intricately Patterned Artworks by Delicately Stitching Colourful Threads Into Leaves
American artist Hillary Waters Fayle creates intricately patterned artworks by delicately stitching colourful threads into leaves. “I want this work to ask people to slow down and think about this leaf – what beauty can be achieved when working with care.” She collects the leaves from her yard or from parks and maps out the design on each one before stitching.
She first started experimenting while working at a summer camp for young adults themed around environmental education.
“It was here that I first combined my passions – art and embroidery with nature.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Stunning Winning Photos Of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- War And Peace: New Powerful Illustrations By Gunduz Aghayev
- Winning Photographs Of The Urban Photo Awards 2021
- This Photographer Creates Paintings That Are Actually Photos
- Russian Artist Draw Interesting Pupils Of The Eyes, Here Are 11 Of Them
- Stunning Winners Of The One Eyeland World’s Top Wedding Photographers 2021