Artist Creates Intricately Patterned Artworks by Delicately Stitching Colourful Threads Into Leaves
American artist Hillary Waters Fayle creates intricately patterned artworks by delicately stitching colourful threads into leaves. “I want this work to ask people to slow down and think about this leaf – what beauty can be achieved when working with care.” She collects the leaves from her yard or from parks and maps out the design on each one before stitching.
She first started experimenting while working at a summer camp for young adults themed around environmental education.
“It was here that I first combined my passions – art and embroidery with nature.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- Best Photos From 2021 International Wedding Photographer Of The Year Contest
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- “Pure White”: When Asbestos Was Used As Fake Snow
- Artist Creates Colorful Illustrations Of Inviting And Cozy Japanese Houses
- Photographer Captures Beautiful Sunset Silhouettes To Tell Magical Visual Stories
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- Funny Comics With Unexpected Endings By Scribbly G
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers