Artist Sculpted Giant Hay Bales Characters To Celebrate Fall And Halloween
Accrording to Jean Marie Smith:”My name is Jean Marie Smith and I love Halloween! As artist-in-residence at Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve, every year for the past ten years I’ve created and sculpted/painted hay bale art to bring smiles and joy to children and adults at the Halloween Haunted Hike.
After reviewing popular trends and interviewing friends and family, I finally settled on which characters I would use. My criteria include one book character, one iconic cartoon character, and something for all ages. Some of the bales are double-stacked, or placed on end or on sides, depending on the character to be sculpted.
I so enjoy watching parents and children gather around the bales for photos as they create warm and lasting memories. I love hay bale sculpting so much that I already have plans for next year that include Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street and Smokey the Bear!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- “Let The Water Be Your Guide”: The Ultra-Realistic Watercolor Paintings Of Marcos Beccari
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- Sleeping With The Devil: A Weird And Wonderful Collection Of Medieval Bedroom Hijinks With Creatures From Hell
- Artist Replaces Jurassic Park Dinosaurs With Those From The Show Dinosaurs