Paul, Family And History Of Rock Music Through The Heartbreaking Photos Of Linda McCartney
Paul McCartney and his wife Linda (1941 – 1998) with their daughters Heather, Stella and Mary in Rye, East Sussex, 4th April 1976. Linda married Paul McCartney in 1969, and the two had three children: Mary Anna, Stella, and James. Linda was a member of Paul’s band, Wings, and she also wrote/recorded music independently (Seaside woman – Suzy and The Red Stripes).
Linda was house photographer at the Fillmore East concern hall and shot numerous musicians including the Stones, Doors, Frank Zappa, Kinks, the Who, the Beach Boys, the Byrds, the Beatles etc. During her days as a professional photographer, she published Linda McCartney’s Sixties: Portrait of an Era. As a vegetarian and animal rights activist, Linda wrote several cookbooks, and also created the Linda McCartney Foods company, selling ready made veggie food. Linda famously said “if slaughterhouses had glass walls the whole world would be vegetarian”. Sadly, Linda passed away at age 56 from breast cancer.
These pictures are mostly from Linda McCartney: Life in Photographs, a rich, evocative low-key look at the human side of the celebrities we are set up revere – to watch but not always to see.
The Rolling Stones – taken on Linda’s fortuitous shoot which secured her future as a rockumentarian goddess.
Candid shot of The Beatles from the April, 1967 Sgt. Pepper’s press-op. Paul got Linda’s number not long after.
Paul McCartney with his daughters Heather and Mary.
The Grateful Dead
Jimi Hendrix Experience in London, 1967
Jimi Hendrix Experience
Janis Joplin with Big Brother and the Holdling Company
Paul McCartney and John Lennon
John. 1968. This shot speaks volumes.
Evocative shot of Steppenwolf – the first band signed under The Beatles’ fledgling late ’60s’ label, Apple Records.
Pete Townshend (L)
Paul McCartney with his stepdaughter Heather
Heather and Mary (L), Paul and Mary (R)
Paul and Heather in the flowers, 1970
The McCartneys, Paul, Stella, James (and Linda behind the lens, of course) at home in Scotland.
A cluttered desk at the McCartney farm in Scotland – 1970s.
Heather, Mary and Paul McCartney
Paul with his daughter Mary
Paul with his daughter Mary
Stella McCartney, Montserrat, 1981
Heather, Stella, and Paul
Self-portrait, Arizona 1991
Self-portrait, Sussex, 1985
Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson, London 1983.
Paul with Willem De Kooning in East Hampton, 1983. Photo by Linda McCartney
Queen’s Speech, Liverpool, 1968
Paul and Linda attend the premiere of ‘Live and Let Die’.
Paul McCartney and his wife Linda (1941 – 1998) with their daughters Heather, Stella and Mary in Rye, East Sussex, 4th April 1976. Photo by David Montgomery/Getty Images
The Beatles at Brian Epstein’s house in Belgravia 1967
Linda and Paul get married at Marylebone Register Office, March 1969
Linda McCartney with her husband Paul and daughters Heather and Mary (Photo by Alain DeJean)
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- These Young People from Lagos, Nigeria Took Smartphone Photography to The Next Level
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- The Lost Tribes Of Tierra Del Fuego: Rare And Haunting Photos Of Selk’nam People Posing With Their Traditional Body-Painting
- Running In The Night: The Superb ’80s Cyberpunk Artworks By Daniele Gasparini
- This Dude Keeps Protesting Annoying Everyday Things With Funny Signs
- KangHee Kim’s Images Are As Satisfying To Create As They Are To Look At
- A Los Angeles Artist Is Selling $180 “Karen” Halloween Masks, Calling Them “The Real Monsters of 2020”
- Man Creates “Passive-Aggressive Art Gallery” For His Roommate’s Mes
- These Amazing Vivid Photochromes Depict the Princely County of Tyrol in 1890, a Mountainous Region of The Austro-Hungarian Empire
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers