Total Strangers Who Could Actually Be Identical Twins
Amongst the annals of fiction and folklore, a “doppelgänger” is considered to be the paranormal double of a living person. We’re not talking twins either, we’re talking about individuals who could be from different cultures, countries and bloodline that bare a startling resemblance to your own physical appearance.
62-Year old Canadian photographer François Brunelle has revealed that such strange occurrences of double identity really do happen in his new photographic series I’m Not a Look-Alike.
We say “new” in truth it’s taken him a staggering 12 years to track down and their pair individuals who appear almost identical in appearance.
“The project is about sharing the passion that I have for the likeliness in people. It allows me to concentrate on the face of my subjects and bring the spectator to a close encounter with them. Some of them are from the same city, others from different countries, different cultures.”, he explains.
“I am fascinated by the fact that a man born and raised in Hungary would bear a strong resemblance to a person born and raised in Canada. Or that a couple, living together just look like brother and sister.”
You’ll be pleased to know that François’s quest to complete his series is still continuing. He’s currently looking around the world for those final few curious examples to complete his portrait series, so if you know someone who is your doppelgänger, why not get in touch?
His aim, once he completes the series is to “Find a museum willing to exhibit the 200 photos of look-alikes taken by me since 2000.”. Whichever gallery has the honour of displaying his work, it will certainly make for one fascinating exhibition.
Via So Bad So Good
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Japanese Photographer Brings Action Figures To Life In Impressive Shots
- Your Very Own Harrier Jet: This Jet Will Go Down In History As One Of The All Time Great Classic British Aircraft
- China 2050: The Future Of China According To A Photographer Benoit Cezard
- Kathleen Ryan Sculptures Look Like Moldy Fruit But Are Actually Made Of Gemstones
- Photographer Captured Post-Apocalyptic Images Of Abandoned Bangkok Shopping Mall That Hides A Fishy Secret
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- Artist Recreates His Own Childhood Drawings 20+ Years Later
- Athletic Clothing Company Has Launched A Controversial Ad Campaign Shows Marine Vet With Hogtied ‘Trump’
- Back In 1980, Citröen Had A Somewhat Amusing Idea Of The Future