3 564 Parts Have Been Used To Create This Cloud-Like Sculpture In North Carolina
MARC FORNES / THEVERYMANY has created a modern sculpture named ‘Pillars of Dreams’, that’s located in the plaza of the Valerie C. Woodard Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The cloud-like formation has a lightweight structure, and its open volumes appear to be filled with air, but they are actually held up by a continuous structural skin in ultra-thin aluminum. Like bubblegum blown just to the point of popping, the skin becomes thinner and more open across the wider expanses of the spheres, allowing light to come through.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Italian Artist Proves Tattoos Look Good On More Than People’s Skin By Putting Them On His Sculptures
- Forensic Artist Reconstructs Face From A Skull-Shaped Vodka Bottle
- Italian Artist Illustrates the Sad Truth of Modern Life
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies of Kid’s Cooks To Ruin Your Childhood Memories
- Japanese Artist Creates the Most Amazing Wood Sculptures You’ll Ever See
- 10 Famous Movie Titles Written Using Negative Space
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Rare Photographs Reveal British Soldiers Manning Anti-Aircraft Guns in Full Drag in World War II
- Amazing Photographs Capture Punk Scenes in East Germany During the 1980s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers