3 564 Parts Have Been Used To Create This Cloud-Like Sculpture In North Carolina
MARC FORNES / THEVERYMANY has created a modern sculpture named ‘Pillars of Dreams’, that’s located in the plaza of the Valerie C. Woodard Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The cloud-like formation has a lightweight structure, and its open volumes appear to be filled with air, but they are actually held up by a continuous structural skin in ultra-thin aluminum. Like bubblegum blown just to the point of popping, the skin becomes thinner and more open across the wider expanses of the spheres, allowing light to come through.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Forrest Gump Rear Wiper Decal
- French Photographer Sophie Fontaine Shoots Poignant Portraits In Film
- Charming Watercolor Girls by the Japanese Artist Kumorri
- Butts on Things: Illustrator Brian Cook Draws Butts on Everything
- The Superb Graphic Novels and Character Art Works of Jordi Lafebre
- Cute Naughty Girls by Philip Bawasanta
- Funny And Relatable Comics That Show Situations Almost Anyone Can Relate To
- Artist Creates Honest Illustrations About Relationships And Everyday Life
- Stunning Images of Freshly Frozen Cars Arrived to Vladivostok Sea Port