3 564 Parts Have Been Used To Create This Cloud-Like Sculpture In North Carolina
MARC FORNES / THEVERYMANY has created a modern sculpture named ‘Pillars of Dreams’, that’s located in the plaza of the Valerie C. Woodard Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The cloud-like formation has a lightweight structure, and its open volumes appear to be filled with air, but they are actually held up by a continuous structural skin in ultra-thin aluminum. Like bubblegum blown just to the point of popping, the skin becomes thinner and more open across the wider expanses of the spheres, allowing light to come through.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Most Impressive Photos From The Ocean Photography Awards 2021 Finalists
- Funny Animal Pics That Just Don’t Make Any Sense, As Shared On This Instagram Account
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964
- There’s an Atmospheric Abandoned Jurassic Park Located in the Heart of Russia
- Artist Creates Very Detailed Scary Images And The More You Look, The More Frightening They Become
- “Shadows”: The Superb Cinematic, Dark and Melancholic Photoworks of Kaiwan Shaban
- Playfully Illustrated Surfboards By Jean Jullien
- Artist Shows Us What Famous Characters Would Look Like In Real Life
- “Empty Home”: The Superb Dark, Surreal and Sci-Fi Artworks of Miko del Rosario
- This Artist Drew These 30 Animals So “Badly”, It Might Be A New Style