Mattel Announces The Release Of A New Barbie Doll In Honor Of David Bowie
Surely David Bowie is one of those people who deserve the title of genius. We know that all the adjectives that can be bestowed on him are not enough to describe one of the personalities and one of the most radical and enormous talents known in the world of culture and the arts. Bowie has spent his life creating beautiful works and revolutionizing the world in so many ways, it’s getting hard to count.
Tribute to Bowie is what we never tire from seeing and now it is Mattel’s turn to pay tribute by releasing a very special edition of Barbie.
Introducing their newest doll the Mattel notes: “In a definitive celebration of two pop culture icons, Barbie® honors the ultimate pop chameleon, English singer, songwriter, and actor, David Bowie, whose dramatic musical transformations continue to influence and inspire. With a career spanning over five decades.”
The doll takes on the persona Ziggy Stardust, which Bowie adopted between 1972 and 1973 for the tour of the album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. The toy also comes as a celebration of the 50th anniversary of the song “Space Oddity.” Barbie features the same makeup and costume that the singer wore at the time, and is on sale for $50 on the Mattel website.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Photographer Spent 3 Weeks In Japan And Captured Cyberpunk And Noir Film Inspired Photographs
- Alice In Wonderland Re-Imagined With Japanese Artwork: Gorgeous Watercolor
- An Artist Pranked People By Leaving Life-Sized Airpods Stickers On The Ground All Over San Francisco
- Breathtaking Ballet Photography By Nisian Hughes
- Hilarious Drawings Of Celebrities Slapping Trump
- Hilariously Threatening Warning Signs
- Send-Ups Of Pop Culture And Capitalism Hidden In Retail Stores By Obvious Plant
- Paolo Di Paolo Captured Spectacular Photos Of Italy In The 1950s And 60s
- Artist Illustrates Monsters Coming Out Of People’s Phones Because We Stare At Them Too Much
- Coloring For Grown-Ups: The Adult Activity Book