Mattel Announces The Release Of A New Barbie Doll In Honor Of David Bowie
Surely David Bowie is one of those people who deserve the title of genius. We know that all the adjectives that can be bestowed on him are not enough to describe one of the personalities and one of the most radical and enormous talents known in the world of culture and the arts. Bowie has spent his life creating beautiful works and revolutionizing the world in so many ways, it’s getting hard to count.
Tribute to Bowie is what we never tire from seeing and now it is Mattel’s turn to pay tribute by releasing a very special edition of Barbie.
Introducing their newest doll the Mattel notes: “In a definitive celebration of two pop culture icons, Barbie® honors the ultimate pop chameleon, English singer, songwriter, and actor, David Bowie, whose dramatic musical transformations continue to influence and inspire. With a career spanning over five decades.”
The doll takes on the persona Ziggy Stardust, which Bowie adopted between 1972 and 1973 for the tour of the album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. The toy also comes as a celebration of the 50th anniversary of the song “Space Oddity.” Barbie features the same makeup and costume that the singer wore at the time, and is on sale for $50 on the Mattel website.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Polish Artist Creates 27 Controversial Illustrations For Political Magazine
- Artist Illustrates The Most Famous Funny Cat Memes In Her Watercatlor Series
- Famous Brands Get A Logo Makeover By A Canadian Artist To Better Reflect Their Brand Philosophy
- Photographer Took Photos Of Strangers In The 1970s, And When 20 Years Passed, He Set Out To Find Them Again
- “Blackest Paint Colored Brush”: Suerb Horror, Fantasy And Sci-Fi Drawings Of Christopher Lovell
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- This Artist Turns Pieces Of Classical Art Into Hyperrealistic Portraits
- Stunning Photos Of Cyndi Lauper At Coney Island For Her Album “She’s So Unusual” In 1983
- Stunning Sand Sculptures By Artist JOOHeng Tan
- Burning Man 2019 Mega-Post: Fantastic Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival