Artists Takes Trash To New Heights As Habitat For Urban Birds
Have you ever wonder why Angry Birds are so angry? Maybe it’s because not enough of us are building them charming birdhouses like street artist Thomas “Dambo” Winther (previously). Dambo’s Happy City Birds project is upcycling trash into birdhouses for natures little recyclers.
My Modern Met quotes the artist as saying, “Birds are actually great at recycling and we need to appreciate this. They eat old food, fruits, berries, and nuts lying about. In that way, they help to clean and distribute seeds around our cities, so new plants can grow.”
The project started off, like many, on MySpace where Dambo documented his manufacturing and installation of 250 Birdhouses in Denmark from discarded and donated materials–save for the money he spent on nails – in 2008.
Since then he’s built and installed hundreds of birdhouses in various cities. Including, 150 colorful birdhouses in Beirut, and as the Happy City Birds project he now hosts workshops and events to teach others how to make birdhouses.
- “Designed By Nature”: Russian Fisherman Posts Terrifying Creatures Of The Deep Sea Again, And People Want Him To Stop
- Man Noticed This Abandoned Hangar But Whats Inside Caught Him By Surprise
- Debbie Harry Photographed By Chris Stein For Punk Magazine Centerfold Shoot In 1976
- Ultrasonic Airliner On Display – A Rare Sight
- Turkish Artist Turns Faceless And Boring Clothes Into Piece Of Art
- Inside China’s Trash Park Where Bentleys And Mercedes Worths Millions Are Abandoned By Their Rich Owners
- Stunning Color Photographs Capture Daily Life In Poland In The Early 1980s
- URME: Your Personal Surveillance Identity Prosthetic
- Stunning Aerial Photos Of The Beautiful Planet Earth From Space
- Uninspirational Posters For People Who Hate Inspirational Posters