Artists Takes Trash To New Heights As Habitat For Urban Birds
Have you ever wonder why Angry Birds are so angry? Maybe it’s because not enough of us are building them charming birdhouses like street artist Thomas “Dambo” Winther (previously). Dambo’s Happy City Birds project is upcycling trash into birdhouses for natures little recyclers.
My Modern Met quotes the artist as saying, “Birds are actually great at recycling and we need to appreciate this. They eat old food, fruits, berries, and nuts lying about. In that way, they help to clean and distribute seeds around our cities, so new plants can grow.”
The project started off, like many, on MySpace where Dambo documented his manufacturing and installation of 250 Birdhouses in Denmark from discarded and donated materials–save for the money he spent on nails – in 2008.
Since then he’s built and installed hundreds of birdhouses in various cities. Including, 150 colorful birdhouses in Beirut, and as the Happy City Birds project he now hosts workshops and events to teach others how to make birdhouses.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- “Moments Around the World”: Amazing Cinematic Travel and Street Photography by Billy Dinh
- Hilarious Dictionary of Finnish Language And Culture
- Space Colony Art from the 1970s