Artists Takes Trash To New Heights As Habitat For Urban Birds
Have you ever wonder why Angry Birds are so angry? Maybe it’s because not enough of us are building them charming birdhouses like street artist Thomas “Dambo” Winther (previously). Dambo’s Happy City Birds project is upcycling trash into birdhouses for natures little recyclers.
My Modern Met quotes the artist as saying, “Birds are actually great at recycling and we need to appreciate this. They eat old food, fruits, berries, and nuts lying about. In that way, they help to clean and distribute seeds around our cities, so new plants can grow.”
The project started off, like many, on MySpace where Dambo documented his manufacturing and installation of 250 Birdhouses in Denmark from discarded and donated materials–save for the money he spent on nails – in 2008.
Since then he’s built and installed hundreds of birdhouses in various cities. Including, 150 colorful birdhouses in Beirut, and as the Happy City Birds project he now hosts workshops and events to teach others how to make birdhouses.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Comedian Creates Hilarious Fake Signs, Places Them All Around Los Angeles
- Hawaii-Based Photographer And A Former Marine Makes Stunning Underwater NSFW Pictures
- The Photographer That Is Constantly Silenced And Censored By Instagram
- Beautiful Underwater NSFW Photos That Redefine Women’s Beach Stereotypes
- Meet The Playboy Bunnies Of The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
- Bold Nudes That Show How Our Bodies Are All We Have In The End
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s New Bust Will Give You Nightmares
- Photographer Robert Ogilvie Perfectly Captures The Heart And Soul Of San Francisco
- Magnificent NSFW Modelling Photo Artworks By The Russian Photographer Nikolas Verano
- “The Memories Of The Future”: Photographer Nuno Assis Captures Fantastic Photos Of Hong Kong