This Guy Collected Beijing’s Smog And Made It Into A Brick
This Chinese artist took is upon himself to help the world understand just how polluted Beijing’s air has truly become. So in order to visualize the problem, he collected the air pollution with a vacuum and then formed a brick with is. Pretty gross, right?
Chinese artist Wang Renzheng, known by his artist name as Jianguo Xiongdi, or “Nut Brother”, created the brick over a period of 100 days. During that time, he walked around with a vacuum and held the hose to the air. At the end of his collection period, Wang had over 100 grams of dust and smog on his hands.
“I want to show this absurdity to more people,” Wang said of his anti-smog campaign. “It’s not healthy. You have nowhere to hide. It is in the air all around us.”
Wang’s brick is a horrifying visualization of what so many Beijing residents are forced to deal with on a day to day basis.
And though Wang’s brick project means that China’s air has 100 grams less pollution then when he started, obviously one man with one vacuum isn’t powerful enough to solve the problem..
— Tom Phillips (@tomphillipsin) November 30, 2015
— fishjourner (@fishjourner) December 1, 2015
— Greenpeace East Asia (@GreenpeaceEAsia) December 1, 2015
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 6 Illustrations That Sum Up Instagram Perfectly
- Unique Photos Capture A Couple’s Visit To ‘Stranger Things 3’ Filming Locations
- This Heartbreaking Sculpture Depicts The 82 Kids That Were Handed Over To The Nazis In The Town Of Lidice Back In 1942
- This AI Turns Your Headshot Into A Renaissance Masterpeace
- Brutally Honest Brand Slogans By Clif Dickens
- Beautiful Photos Of John Lennon With His First Wife Cynthia At Their Home In 1965
- Loving Dad Builds Custom “Star Wars” Rocking Horse for Daughter’s 1st Birthday
- Polish Artist Designs Shoсking Ads Of Major Companies That Show The Harsh Reality
- 40 Times People Thought Their T-Shirts Were Cool But Looked Completely Cringeworthy
- This Photographer Turns Vintage Photos Into Surreal Works Of Art