Runner Uses The Streets Of San Francisco As His Canvas, Maps Out Artistic Designs With His Routes
Jogging is a truly healthy activity for both physical and mental health; we all know this already. For some people, it comes naturally. For others, it’s either a struggle not worth contemplating or just a little, well, boring.
Without a jogging buddy or any element of competition, how do you spice up your runs? Well, there are now plenty of apps that you can download, that keep track of things like speed, distance, heart rate, calories burned and even challenges against other users to keep you motivated.
San Franciscan Lenny Maughan doesn’t have any problems with motivation though, he loves to run! He uses the social fitness app Strava to create amazing pieces of ‘running art;’ carefully planning his route beforehand to run in the pattern of a certain image with the streets of San Fran as his canvas.
“You can’t see the lines drawn until after you finish your run,” Lenny told SFGATE. “So it’s such a joyful feeling when you put in all of that work and you finally finish and get to see what you envisioned at the end.”
Lenny has been doing his running art for over 3 years now and has created 30 unique designs. Far from the stereotypical image of an artist sitting patiently at an easel for days on end, painstakingly applying the gentlest of brush strokes, this very modern type of art is as exhausting physically as it is mentally!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Inside A 1947 Boeing 377 Stratocruiser, The Largest And Fastest Aircraft In Commercial Service
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Incredible Photographs From The Construction Of The Forth Railway Bridge, A 19th Century Engineering Marvel
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- Photographer Anthimos Ntagkas Captures Mystically Unexpected Street Pictures
- Japanese Designer Crafts Adorably Lifelike Cat Backpack
- Simple Yet Funny Drawings By Gabriel Sancho
- An Authentic 16th Century Plague Doctor Mask Preserved And On Display At The German Museum Of Medical History