Hard Truths About Adulthood, From A 29-Year-Old Illustrator Who Tells It like It Is
In September 2015, Mari Andrew decided to start drawing a picture a day.
“I was sort of depressed and found myself going home just to watch Netflix way more often,” Andrew told Business Insider in an email. “I wanted a creative hobby, so I thought illustrating would be an easy, enjoyable way to document little moments from my day.”
She started posting her drawings to Instagram to hold herself accountable, and soon enough, she started building a following. Today, the 29-year-old has over 26,000 followers on her account.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Captures Intimate And Unguarded Portraits Of Porn Stars
- The Earthquake Tower by Remco, ca. 1974
- Doh! The Alternate View On Simpsons By Stanislaw Bashkow
- Snapshots Of Stripteasers From The 1980s At Downtown Los Angeles Venues
- “Namaha”: The Mythologic India In Stunning Illustrations By Abhishek Singh
- Australia’s Silo Murals Make a Road Trip an Art Odyssey
- A Soviet-Era Museum In Kyrgyzstan, Built Into The Side Of A Mountain Containing over 33,000 Archeological Artifacts
- Artist Makes Witty And Quirky Inanimate Object Illustrations That Are Oddly Relatable
- Winning Photographs from The World of Water Competition
- Spectacular Winning Images Of 2021 Black & White MonoVisions Photography Awards