Surreal And Slightly Morbid Illustrations By Virginia Mori
Young girls in dark dresses with black hair around their doll-like faces – these are the main characters of Italian illustrator who creates surreal drawings with a touch of horror.
Virginia Mori, 36, lives and works in Pesaro and Milan, Italy. Her favorite media are pencil, ink, and ballpoint pen on paper. The artist gain following because of her unique, dark and surreal style and imagery.
“I can’t say how I arrived at this style,” Virginia told to stylenochaser. “It has been a long and slow journey filled with a lot of research, but everything came very naturally, in a very instinctive way. I just followed what I like to do.”
Artist’s illustrations often have a melancholic or the nightmarish feel to them.
“I am not trying to explain anything with certainty with my art. I just want to suggest strange feelings and situations in a metaphoric way.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- ‘80s Pop Culture Icons as McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Stunning Winners Of The One Eyeland World’s Top Wedding Photographers 2021
- Stunning Winning Photos Of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Winning Photographs Of The Urban Photo Awards 2021
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s