Surreal And Slightly Morbid Illustrations By Virginia Mori
Young girls in dark dresses with black hair around their doll-like faces – these are the main characters of Italian illustrator who creates surreal drawings with a touch of horror.
Virginia Mori, 36, lives and works in Pesaro and Milan, Italy. Her favorite media are pencil, ink, and ballpoint pen on paper. The artist gain following because of her unique, dark and surreal style and imagery.
“I can’t say how I arrived at this style,” Virginia told to stylenochaser. “It has been a long and slow journey filled with a lot of research, but everything came very naturally, in a very instinctive way. I just followed what I like to do.”
Artist’s illustrations often have a melancholic or the nightmarish feel to them.
“I am not trying to explain anything with certainty with my art. I just want to suggest strange feelings and situations in a metaphoric way.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- The Worst Book Covers On Amazon
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Photographer Anthimos Ntagkas Captures Mystically Unexpected Street Pictures
- Couple Recreates “Alien” Birth Scene For Maternity Photo Shoot
- Simple Yet Funny Drawings By Gabriel Sancho
- Shanghai Studio Creates Posters To Help Fight Against Coronavirus, Inspired By Vintage Chinese Public Health Notices
- Artist Creates 16 Types Of Designer Packaging For Food Products To Show The Absurdity Of Brands
- The Superb Bizarre AR Artworks By Nikita Replyanski, A Technological Artist And Cyber Fashion Designer