Surreal And Slightly Morbid Illustrations By Virginia Mori
Young girls in dark dresses with black hair around their doll-like faces – these are the main characters of Italian illustrator who creates surreal drawings with a touch of horror.
Virginia Mori, 36, lives and works in Pesaro and Milan, Italy. Her favorite media are pencil, ink, and ballpoint pen on paper. The artist gain following because of her unique, dark and surreal style and imagery.
“I can’t say how I arrived at this style,” Virginia told to stylenochaser. “It has been a long and slow journey filled with a lot of research, but everything came very naturally, in a very instinctive way. I just followed what I like to do.”
Artist’s illustrations often have a melancholic or the nightmarish feel to them.
“I am not trying to explain anything with certainty with my art. I just want to suggest strange feelings and situations in a metaphoric way.”
- A Restaurant In Texas Is Putting Up The Funniest Signs Ever
- Artist Mario Unger Spends 3000 Hours To Colorize Old Black & White Photos Of Famous People
- This Old Warehouse Was Sold For 1 230 000 USD And Once You See The Inside, You’ll Understand Why
- Breathtaking Portraits Reveal The Haunting Beauty Of Russian Ballet Dancers By Irina Yakovleva
- 11 Disney Warrior Princesses Turned Badass By Russian Artist Artemii Myasnikov
- Russian Duo Creates Sleek Optical Illusion Portraits That Will Inspire Your Day
- Uncanny Resemblances Between Classic Dog Breeds And Humans Captured By Gerrard Gethings
- Photographer Antti Viitala Stunningly Captured Drone Shots Of The Surfers On South African Beach
- Jan Erik Waider’ Photos Capture The Dark Beauty Of Greenland Icebergs And Northern Landscapes
- Artist Re-Reading Damaged Images Of The Virgin Mary Transforming Them Into Icon Characters Of Pop Culture