Surreal And Slightly Morbid Illustrations By Virginia Mori
Young girls in dark dresses with black hair around their doll-like faces – these are the main characters of Italian illustrator who creates surreal drawings with a touch of horror.
Virginia Mori, 36, lives and works in Pesaro and Milan, Italy. Her favorite media are pencil, ink, and ballpoint pen on paper. The artist gain following because of her unique, dark and surreal style and imagery.
“I can’t say how I arrived at this style,” Virginia told to stylenochaser. “It has been a long and slow journey filled with a lot of research, but everything came very naturally, in a very instinctive way. I just followed what I like to do.”
Artist’s illustrations often have a melancholic or the nightmarish feel to them.
“I am not trying to explain anything with certainty with my art. I just want to suggest strange feelings and situations in a metaphoric way.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Artist Creates Honest Illustrations About Relationships And Everyday Life
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Cute Naughty Girls by Philip Bawasanta
- Funny And Relatable Comics That Show Situations Almost Anyone Can Relate To
- Amazing Anatomical Photographs from Alec Fraser’s Handbook of Brain Surgery, 1890
- Uncanny Eye Illustrations from Georg Bartisch’s Ophthalmodouleia, 1583
- Amazing Vintage Photographs of Harold Lloyd’s Magnificent (Year-Round!) Christmas Tree
- Beautiful Photos of Margaux Hemingway in the 1970s and ’80s
- Digital Artist Creates Thought-Provoking Illustrations That May Make You Look At Things Differently
- Photographer Visited Remoted Chinese Provinces And Took Aerial Pictures Of The Most Picturesque Landscapes