Meet Trophy Wife Barbie: She Smokes, Drinks, And Raises Hell
Trophy Wife Barbie is divorced. She drinks wine, smokes weed, and owns a massive arsenal of pink guns. She vomits, bleeds, and goes to the bathroom. She breastfeeds in public, has transgender friends, and frequently gives the finger. Oh, and she has antlers sprouting from her head.
In other words, Trophy Wife Barbie is nothing like the real Barbie.
Instead, she’s the brainchild of Annelies Hofmeyr, a Toronto-based artist. Thanks to Hofmeyr, Trophy Wife Barbie lives her wild life publicly on Instagram.
“Dolls are non-threatening and allow us to project our feelings onto them. I use Trophy Wife Barbie to explore gender issues and the modern female identity while highlighting the limitations of labels. The antlers are a physical representation of a label imposed on her. The beauty of using Barbie iconography is that I’m able to circumvent censorship and talk about more challenging topics.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Paul Brockman’s Collection Of 55,000 Dresses Bought For His Wife
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Awesome Photos of Stephen King Posing With His Beloved Cats From the 1980s
- This German Grandma Spends 30 Thousand Euros To Tattoo Her Whole Body
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Japanese Photographer Releases Book Of Breasts And Cats
- The Incredible Photo-Realistic Portrait Tattoos of Oleg Shepelenko
- ‘Vertical Forest’ in Chinese Residential Complex Becomes Mosquito-Infested Jungle
- Russian Street Artist Shows Off His Amazing Calligraphy Artwork On The Local Tram
- For the Last Decade, Artist and Collector Thomas Sauvin Recovered Discarded Negatives from A Recycling Plant Outside Beijing