Vintage Photographs Show How Students Celebrated Spring Break in Texas In The Late 1980s
Every year students across the country spend the week leading up to spring break by pulling all-nighters, cramming for midterms and fidgeting over their upcoming plans.
Then many ditch parkas for bikinis and energy drinks for beer bongs as they cut and run to warm, sunny beaches all along the U.S. coast.
Florida is credited for initiating this indulgent blowout in the 1920s, but Texas had its own hot spots along the coast in full swing by the late 1980s. About the time, MTV blew the phenomenon up with its classic annual feature “Spring Break.”
Students from colleges across the state and beyond are captured bikini-clad and sandy, cruising the beaches and chugging from beer bongs — the classic, unbridled carousing of spring break.
The gallery here is a look back, nearly 30 years ago, to parties from Matamoros to Port Aransas.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Woman Put A Water Fountain With A Camera In Her Yard, Here Are Stunning Photos Of Regular Visitors
- This Photoshop Wizard Is Turning Random People’s Photos Into Movie Posters
- “In The Midnight”: Denny Busyet Creates Dreamlike Artwork Inspired by 80s and 90s Aesthetic Nostalgia Fuelled by Synthwave
- World Sports Photography Awards 2021: The Best Sports Photos Captured Over the Past 25 Years
- Japanese Photographer Captures Breathtaking Shots of Shrine in A Swirling Sea of Fireflies
- Italian Artist Proves Tattoos Look Good On More Than People’s Skin By Putting Them On His Sculptures
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Floral Aesthetic Tattoo Concepts by Jessie Cohen
- Human Salt Lick – The Most Hipster Christmas Gift Of All Time
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers