Vintage Photographs Show How Students Celebrated Spring Break in Texas In The Late 1980s
Every year students across the country spend the week leading up to spring break by pulling all-nighters, cramming for midterms and fidgeting over their upcoming plans.
Then many ditch parkas for bikinis and energy drinks for beer bongs as they cut and run to warm, sunny beaches all along the U.S. coast.
Florida is credited for initiating this indulgent blowout in the 1920s, but Texas had its own hot spots along the coast in full swing by the late 1980s. About the time, MTV blew the phenomenon up with its classic annual feature “Spring Break.”
Students from colleges across the state and beyond are captured bikini-clad and sandy, cruising the beaches and chugging from beer bongs — the classic, unbridled carousing of spring break.
The gallery here is a look back, nearly 30 years ago, to parties from Matamoros to Port Aransas.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Japanese Photographer Brings Action Figures To Life In Impressive Shots
- China 2050: The Future Of China According To A Photographer Benoit Cezard
- Your Very Own Harrier Jet: This Jet Will Go Down In History As One Of The All Time Great Classic British Aircraft
- Photographer Captured Post-Apocalyptic Images Of Abandoned Bangkok Shopping Mall That Hides A Fishy Secret
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Back In 1980, Citröen Had A Somewhat Amusing Idea Of The Future
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- Surreal Family Vacation Photos That Include The Cats
- Beauties Of Octoberfest, The World’s Most Iconic Beer Festival 2019
- An Artist Created Stunning Looks For Halloween Inspired By Creepy Movie Characters