Vintage Photographs Show How Students Celebrated Spring Break in Texas In The Late 1980s
Every year students across the country spend the week leading up to spring break by pulling all-nighters, cramming for midterms and fidgeting over their upcoming plans.
Then many ditch parkas for bikinis and energy drinks for beer bongs as they cut and run to warm, sunny beaches all along the U.S. coast.
Florida is credited for initiating this indulgent blowout in the 1920s, but Texas had its own hot spots along the coast in full swing by the late 1980s. About the time, MTV blew the phenomenon up with its classic annual feature “Spring Break.”
Students from colleges across the state and beyond are captured bikini-clad and sandy, cruising the beaches and chugging from beer bongs — the classic, unbridled carousing of spring break.
The gallery here is a look back, nearly 30 years ago, to parties from Matamoros to Port Aransas.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- The 1958 Plymouth Tornado Concept Car Has Been Found And Restored
- A Collection Of Genius Designs That Are So Creative They Should Receive An Award
- Underwater Restaurant Has Been Completed In Norway And It Looks Out Of This World
- Kazakh Bodybuilder Yuri Tolochko To Marry His Life-Like Sex Doll ‘Margo’
- Beautiful Early Entries Of The 2020 Sony World Photography Awards
- Rare Photos Of Los Angeles Rock Bands, 1978-1989
- Stunning Photos Of The Abandoned Armoured Repair Factory In Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Something Unique: The Superb Humorous, Creative And Advertising Photo Works Of Frank Uyttenhove
- 93-Year-Old Grandma & Her Grandson Dress-Up In Ridiculous Outfits, And It’s Brilliant
- Fabulous Photos of Christmas Shopping In New York City, December 1910