Artist Illustrates How His Adopted Cat Helped Him Cope With Depression Over The Past 2 Months
Yash Pandit is an artist from Mumbai, India who has been struggling with mental health problems for a while now. And recently he received much-needed help from someone unexpected – a cat named Bagheera.
In an interview with Bored Panda, the artist said he always wanted a dark-colored cat. “There’s always this stupid superstition surrounding dark cats about them being bad luck, so not many people wanted him anyway,” said Yash. “But mostly because out of all of the kittens there, he was the one I connected with, he was very calm. loving and always looking to cause some mischief. I fell in love with him the moment I saw him.”
The artist said that his new cat is a true rascal. “He will convince you that he’s sweet and calm, and then pounce on you when you look away. He’s the most friendly cat I’ve ever seen, has no problem in loving and greeting anyone new. He’s smart enough to pretend that he’s fallen asleep but also thinks his shadow is another cat and starts pouncing on it,” said Yash. He said that Bagheera loves to watch Fresh Prince of Bel-Air with him and that the cat won’t fall asleep until Yash puts on Frank Ocean songs. “I love him with all my life,” says the artist.
The artist suffered from Type 1 rapid-cycling bipolar disorder, depression, and anxiety. He says the latter were by-products of his primary disorder. “I have a therapist and a psychiatrist, and I have a strict regime of therapy and medications that I follow religiously to keep my disorder under my control,” revealed Yash.
The artist believes that it’s absolutely important to seek proper health for mental health disorders. “A lot of people mistook this comic as my cat being the sole reason that I’m out of my depression, which is not true. I had to work hard, get therapy, take my medication on time,” said Yash.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- Russian Couple Build Pyramid Of Giza Replica In Their Rural Backyard
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- David Bowie And His Ex-Wife Angie Taking Their Then 3-Week-Old Baby Zowie Out For A Walk In 1971
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape