Handheld, Creepy Furniture Sculptures Made Of Fake Human Skin
In the unsettling 2009 sculpture series “Handheld,” small models of furniture appear to be made out of human skin. In actuality British artist Jessica Harrison created the sculptures using casts of her own hands.
The sculptures intentionally blur the division between the human body and its environment. Much of her work is anatomically-themed—we previously wrote about her series of Bloody Boudoir Ladies figures.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?
- Russian Artist Creates Funny Photoshop Mashups Between The Hollywood Characters And Classic Soviet Movies