Handheld, Creepy Furniture Sculptures Made Of Fake Human Skin
In the unsettling 2009 sculpture series “Handheld,” small models of furniture appear to be made out of human skin. In actuality British artist Jessica Harrison created the sculptures using casts of her own hands.
The sculptures intentionally blur the division between the human body and its environment. Much of her work is anatomically-themed—we previously wrote about her series of Bloody Boudoir Ladies figures.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- The Worst Book Covers On Amazon
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Photographer Anthimos Ntagkas Captures Mystically Unexpected Street Pictures
- Couple Recreates “Alien” Birth Scene For Maternity Photo Shoot
- Simple Yet Funny Drawings By Gabriel Sancho
- Shanghai Studio Creates Posters To Help Fight Against Coronavirus, Inspired By Vintage Chinese Public Health Notices
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Artist Creates 16 Types Of Designer Packaging For Food Products To Show The Absurdity Of Brands