Colorado-Based Artist Stefanie Hook Makes Harry Potter Face Masks That Reveal The Marauder’s Map When You Breathe
Colorado-based artist Stefanie Hook sells hand-sewn creations online through her company CPEX. She became a TikTok sensation after posting a video of herself wearing a black mask that changed color and revealed the Marauder’s Map from “Harry Potter” as she breathed.
“This face covering does not replace PPE’s such as N95 or surgical masks, This face covering does not protect or mitigate diseases or viruses. Please follow CDC directives for best use. This Face covering is best for hobbies, or cosplay. We suggest that these masks be laundered before use. Some fading is expected after the first wash. As in the nature of many hand-dyed products. It is suggested that masks be washed with cold water and hung to dry,” she wrote.
Speaking to Insider about her reasoning behind creating these custom designs, Stefanie said she wanted to “bring some magic” into the real world and her Harry Potter-inspired mask was just another example of the interactive items she likes to make.
She continues: “I try to bring imagination to life in the creation of my products, ensuring that they are not one-dimensional items”.
“I like to give the average person the ability to own items that are unique, and bring magic into the real world in hopes to further inspire others to create and be creative.”
Since releasing her fist video, Stefanie said that she has “overwhelmed” by the positive response to her creations and to all her followers, she hopes to express her belief that there’s magic all around us.
She added: “I feel like the world can be magical and that we are not limited by the boundaries of our reality”.
“I will continue to push those boundaries in hopes of inspiring others and brightening people’s days”.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Italian Graphic Designer Emanuele Abrate Perfectly Fixes The ‘World’s Worst Logos’
- “In A Parallel Universe”: Artist Exposes Sexism By Switching Up Gender Roles In Old-School Ads
- This Paper Memo Pad Excavates Hidden Objects As It Gets Used
- The Incredible Art Of Maciej Kuciara, Who’s Worked On The Last Of Us, Ghost In The Shell & Crysis
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- The Biggest Anamorphic Illusion In The World Has Been Successfully Revealed On The Largest Outdoor Advertising Screen In South Korea
- Family Of Romanian Photographer Moved To A Small Town In The UK And He Started Discovering The Beauty Of This Country
- This Restaurant In Bangkok Uses Cartoon Dragon Dolls As Space Keepers For Social Distancing
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers