Wearable Wooden Bags That Blends With Nature Patterns
Things we love from Istanbul: pistachio-flavored Turkish delights, handwoven wool kilims, and embroidered wooden clutches. Grav Grav, short for the phrase “gravity is gravity,” is a label started by Merve Burma, a young designer born and raised in Istanbul. Working out of a studio in her hometown, Burma creates unique wooden satchels, backpacks, clutches, and purses—but it was the wooden bags with intricate embroidered detailing that first caught our eye.
“In my designs, I tried to connect both of traditional and modern ideas but don’t break up with current fashion forms. In my opinion, wood and leather show us a perfect match. They have a great harmony. Also, I would like to remind traditional and nostalgic cross stitch to upgrade current fashion. I use only nature patterns on the bags,” Merve Burma told Bored Panda.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- The Worst Book Covers On Amazon
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Photographer Anthimos Ntagkas Captures Mystically Unexpected Street Pictures
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Couple Recreates “Alien” Birth Scene For Maternity Photo Shoot
- Simple Yet Funny Drawings By Gabriel Sancho
- Shanghai Studio Creates Posters To Help Fight Against Coronavirus, Inspired By Vintage Chinese Public Health Notices
- The Story Of The Wind And The Sea: Latvia-Based Vietnamese Artist Perfectly Illustrates Baltic Tales And Legends