Wearable Wooden Bags That Blends With Nature Patterns
Things we love from Istanbul: pistachio-flavored Turkish delights, handwoven wool kilims, and embroidered wooden clutches. Grav Grav, short for the phrase “gravity is gravity,” is a label started by Merve Burma, a young designer born and raised in Istanbul. Working out of a studio in her hometown, Burma creates unique wooden satchels, backpacks, clutches, and purses—but it was the wooden bags with intricate embroidered detailing that first caught our eye.
“In my designs, I tried to connect both of traditional and modern ideas but don’t break up with current fashion forms. In my opinion, wood and leather show us a perfect match. They have a great harmony. Also, I would like to remind traditional and nostalgic cross stitch to upgrade current fashion. I use only nature patterns on the bags,” Merve Burma told Bored Panda.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- Amusing Illustrations That Share Insights About Everyday Life And Psychology
- Amazing Photos From One Eyeland Mobile Photographers 2020 Awards
- This Photographer Took One Family’s Photo In The Same Way Each Year For 23 Years
- Stunning Finalists Of The 2021 World Report Award
- This UFO Spaceship McDonald’s Used to Exist in Alconbury, England in the 1990s
- “Phantasmagoric Ecstasy”: The Superb Collage Artworks of Michelle Concetta
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- Lamborghini Athon, an Amazing But Forgotten Concept Car From 1980
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer