Wearable Wooden Bags That Blends With Nature Patterns
Things we love from Istanbul: pistachio-flavored Turkish delights, handwoven wool kilims, and embroidered wooden clutches. Grav Grav, short for the phrase “gravity is gravity,” is a label started by Merve Burma, a young designer born and raised in Istanbul. Working out of a studio in her hometown, Burma creates unique wooden satchels, backpacks, clutches, and purses—but it was the wooden bags with intricate embroidered detailing that first caught our eye.
“In my designs, I tried to connect both of traditional and modern ideas but don’t break up with current fashion forms. In my opinion, wood and leather show us a perfect match. They have a great harmony. Also, I would like to remind traditional and nostalgic cross stitch to upgrade current fashion. I use only nature patterns on the bags,” Merve Burma told Bored Panda.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Deliveries Surge During Quarantine, This Is How Delivery Guys “Hide” Packages
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- This Guy Gets A Permanent Eyeglasses Tattoo
- Artist Mark Jenkins Has Reached A Whole New Level Of Trolling While Calling It Art
- This Instagram Account Cleverly Photoshops Animals Into Everyday Things
- Freddy Mamani’s New Andean Architecture Adds Colour to Bolivian City
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Woman Uses Her iPhone To Capture Portraits Of Strangers On Her Daily Commute To Work, And The Result Is Impressive
- Four Girls Have Been Taking Their Group Photos For 7 Years