Fascinating Photos Of Neil, The Pet Lion Of Tippi Hedren And Melanie Griffith
Tippi Hedren, best known for her role in Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds (1963), was also famous for her dedicated commitment to animal rights and conservation activism. Her non-profit The Roar Foundation and the 80-acre wildlife habitat Shambala Preserve have taken care of and advocated for tigers and lions for decades.
In 1971, she, together with her daughter Melanie Griffith and her then-husband Noel Marshall, shared their home in California with a 400-pound mature lion named Neil. Take a look at him playing and relaxing with the family through these fascinating photographs taken by LIFE photographer Michael Rougier.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- “Let The Water Be Your Guide”: The Ultra-Realistic Watercolor Paintings Of Marcos Beccari
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- The Apocalypse Of Pop Culture By Filip Hodas
- Is It A Billboard? No, It’s A Building!
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants