Old Soviet Ships Transformed Into Yachts for Millionaires
Some modern super-yachts used to look differently and perform basically military missions. They served interests of their native country and its people. Many Soviet yachts became the property of foreign buyers in the 1990s who bought them quite cheaply.
“Valirean Albanov” and Olivia
The first in the list is a 70-meters yacht Olivia that was produced as a surveillance ship “Valerian Albanov” in 1972 to detect enemy submarines in northern seas. In 1999 it was sold to Norway and in 2010 it was bought by an Israeli billionaire Eyal Ofer who turned the Soviet ship into a super-yacht Olivia.
Former “Valerian Albanov” has a great seagoing performance and endurance, and it also has an ice class. The present-day Olivia is equipped with five guest cabins, a spa tub, deck chairs, a movie-theater and a splendid personal cabin for the owner of the yacht.
La Sultana yacht is a former “Ai-Petri” motor ship built in Bulgaria at the order of the USSR in 1962. Initially it served to transport Soviet citizens and loads across the Black Sea, in 1970 it relocated to the North Atlantic where it intercepted negotiations between crews of ships from NATO countries via radio communication.
After the collapse of the USSR “Ai Petri” found itself in Bulgaria, in 2007 it was bought by La Sultana Group company to be reequipped into a posh yacht. 12 guests may rest aboard La Sultana now, they enjoy seven cabins with marble baths and panoramic windows. The yacht also has a canteen, a pool, a bar and a helideck.
Former Soviet ice-breaker “Giant”, currently – yacht Legend.
Until 1992 this ice-breaking tug had been functioning as a unit of “Sevryba” association (“Northern fish”). In 2003 it was sold to the Germans where it was transformed into a charter yacht to cruise to Antarctica, Greenland and the Baltic Sea.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Psyduck Pokemon Sexy Cosplay By Beautiful Helena Steele
- Spectacular Winning Photos from The Weather Photographer of the Year 2020 Awards
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- Photographer Weronika Gęsicka Takes Corny American Photography And Manipulates It Into Something Surreal And Uncomfortable
- Christine Rai’s Comics Prove You Actually Can Make Art From Bad Tan Lines & Microaggressions
- This Instagram Account Is Posting The Most Ridiculous Coronavirus Masks Spotted On The Subway
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- From The Depths Of Your Nightmares – The Fantastically Disturbing Creepy Art Of Trevor Henderson