Your Very Own Harrier Jet: This Jet Will Go Down In History As One Of The All Time Great Classic British Aircraft
The Harrier Jet, originally developed in the 1960s, is most known for its vertical takeoff and landing ability. It’s a subsonic jet that can hover like a helicopter.
Of course, this also causes it to be a pain in the ass to pilot. The vertical takeoffs are only possible at less than maximum loaded weight. Conventional landings are only possible within a narrow range of speeds, favoring a near-vertical landing with some forward speed. Even with these limitations, who wouldn’t want one?
On July 26, a 1976 Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR3 Jump Jet will hit the auction block at England’s Silverstone Classic Sale. Unfortunately, the jet is no longer armed and the engine isn’t mounted.
Also, a few internal components are missing. But still, get some friends, some beers, and a few tools, and we’re confident you’ll be flying this jet in no time. After all, it was built for parking lots…
Sold in 2014 for £105,800 ($137,381).
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Photographer Spent 3 Weeks In Japan And Captured Cyberpunk And Noir Film Inspired Photographs
- Alice In Wonderland Re-Imagined With Japanese Artwork: Gorgeous Watercolor
- Breathtaking Ballet Photography By Nisian Hughes
- Hilarious Drawings Of Celebrities Slapping Trump
- An Artist Pranked People By Leaving Life-Sized Airpods Stickers On The Ground All Over San Francisco
- Hilariously Threatening Warning Signs
- Send-Ups Of Pop Culture And Capitalism Hidden In Retail Stores By Obvious Plant
- Paolo Di Paolo Captured Spectacular Photos Of Italy In The 1950s And 60s
- Artist Illustrates Monsters Coming Out Of People’s Phones Because We Stare At Them Too Much
- Coloring For Grown-Ups: The Adult Activity Book