Your Very Own Harrier Jet: This Jet Will Go Down In History As One Of The All Time Great Classic British Aircraft
The Harrier Jet, originally developed in the 1960s, is most known for its vertical takeoff and landing ability. It’s a subsonic jet that can hover like a helicopter.
Of course, this also causes it to be a pain in the ass to pilot. The vertical takeoffs are only possible at less than maximum loaded weight. Conventional landings are only possible within a narrow range of speeds, favoring a near-vertical landing with some forward speed. Even with these limitations, who wouldn’t want one?
On July 26, a 1976 Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR3 Jump Jet will hit the auction block at England’s Silverstone Classic Sale. Unfortunately, the jet is no longer armed and the engine isn’t mounted.
Also, a few internal components are missing. But still, get some friends, some beers, and a few tools, and we’re confident you’ll be flying this jet in no time. After all, it was built for parking lots…
Sold in 2014 for £105,800 ($137,381).
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Glamorous Photos That Show The Entire 1979 Victoria’s Secret Catalog
- Turkish Artist Hossein Diba Creates These Creepy Realistic Recreations Of “The Simpsons” Characters That Will Give You Nightmares
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Photographer Gilmar Silva Exposes The Not So Glamorous Side Of Photography In Revealing Photos
- Japan’s Mask Snood Fashionably Arrives Just In Time
- Angels Of Distress: The Superb Bizarre, Nightmarish And Horror Creatures By Maxim Verehin
- Race Driver Ralf Schumacher Buys Classic Russian Offroad “Niva” Car
- “The Book Of Bunny Suicides”: Hilariously Dark Cartoon Series By Andy Riley
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey