Dubai’s Love Lake: Two Hearts in the Middle of the Desert
Love Lake, a heart-shaped, man-made lake located in the desert near Dubai, is probably one of the most impressive attractions for romantic couples visiting the Middle-East.
From its iconic palm-shaped island, to skyscrapers like the Burj Khalifa, Dubai has no shortage of world-renowned attractions, but there is a lot more to discover in the desert around the most populated city in the UAE. One such hidden gems is the man-made Love Lake, technically two intertwined heart-shaped lakes situated near the Al Qudra Oasis. Measuring a whopping 550,000 square meters, this stunning tourist attraction is even visible from space.
Located at a considerable distance away from any urban areas, Love Lake is a true oasis, surrounded by desert as far as the eye can see. One can only imagine the time and effort and money that went into making this place a reality, especially considering that apart from the heart-shaped lake itself, it consists of hundreds of thousands of shrub varieties, over 16,000 trees, and thousands of colorful flowers, including red begonia, either arranged in heart shapes, or to spell out the word “Love”.
Unveiled on November of 2018, Dubai’s Love Lake started attracting attention after Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the crown prince of Dubai, shared an aerial photo of it on his popular Instagram account, with the caption “To all of you”.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Lamborghini Athon, an Amazing But Forgotten Concept Car From 1980
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- This UFO Spaceship McDonald’s Used to Exist in Alconbury, England in the 1990s
- Illustrator Creates Posters With Deep And Hidden Meanings
- Quarantine Life With A Cat In Cute Illustration By Annada Menon