Dubai’s Love Lake: Two Hearts in the Middle of the Desert
Love Lake, a heart-shaped, man-made lake located in the desert near Dubai, is probably one of the most impressive attractions for romantic couples visiting the Middle-East.
From its iconic palm-shaped island, to skyscrapers like the Burj Khalifa, Dubai has no shortage of world-renowned attractions, but there is a lot more to discover in the desert around the most populated city in the UAE. One such hidden gems is the man-made Love Lake, technically two intertwined heart-shaped lakes situated near the Al Qudra Oasis. Measuring a whopping 550,000 square meters, this stunning tourist attraction is even visible from space.
Located at a considerable distance away from any urban areas, Love Lake is a true oasis, surrounded by desert as far as the eye can see. One can only imagine the time and effort and money that went into making this place a reality, especially considering that apart from the heart-shaped lake itself, it consists of hundreds of thousands of shrub varieties, over 16,000 trees, and thousands of colorful flowers, including red begonia, either arranged in heart shapes, or to spell out the word “Love”.
Unveiled on November of 2018, Dubai’s Love Lake started attracting attention after Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the crown prince of Dubai, shared an aerial photo of it on his popular Instagram account, with the caption “To all of you”.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Berlin Love”: Minimalist Architecture in Surreal Photography By Simone Hutsch
- Hilarious Comics With Unexpectedly Dark Endings By ‘Perry Bible Fellowship’
- Holi – A Kolkata Experience: Colorful Photo Series By Shubhayu Dasgupta
- “See The Extraordinary And Make It Still More Extraordinary”: Contemporary Art Paintings By Stanislav Plutenko
- “Life is Good”: Sensual Close-Up Photography by Alisa Karin
- The Original and Outrageous 1979 Cocaine Calendar
- Romantic Photos of the ’60s Couples
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- “Iconic Covers”: Russian Designer Represents Famous Album Covers as Icons
- The Most Creative Photos Of The World Naked Gardening Day 2020, Even In Isolation