This Japanese Train Station Only Exists So That People Can Admire The Scenery
One of the most unusual stations in the whole country is now open and ready for business. Over the years, Japanese rail operators have been delighting passengers with incredible ideas designed to provide them with the ultimate train experience.
— Gota.del.Vient-SH1-1 (@Gota_Kaze_SH11) March 11, 2019
Now, it’s time for Yamaguchi Prefecture’s Nishikigawa Railway to take the spotlight, as they’ve just created what many are calling the most unusual station in Japan. Located on the Nishikigawa Seiryu Line, which runs parallel to the Nishiki River in Iwakuni, this station is unlike any other as it has no entrance and no exit. In fact, it’s totally inaccessible to people…unless they disembark from a train.
— Makra (@makra) March 3, 2019
And once passengers disembark here, there are no stairs, ramps or ticket gates, because people aren’t meant to leave the actual platform.
— 未羊（動物擬人化） (@sz_ris) March 17, 2019
Called Seiryu Miharashi Eki, which translates to “Clear Stream Viewing Platform Station“, this station has been built so that passengers can stop off and admire the surrounding scenery.
View this post on Instagram
新駅設置工事中… 清流みはらし駅！ #山口県 #岩国市 #錦川鉄道 #錦川清流線 #清流みはらし駅 #錦川 #鉄道風景 #鉄道のある風景 #広がり同盟 #ひだまり号 #写真好きな人と繋がりたい #鉄道好きな人と繋がりたい #setouchigram71 #bestjapanpics #daily_crossing #instagramjapan #japan_of_insta #railway_of_our_world #pt_life_ #pocket_rail #pkt_japan #total_rail #train_nerds #trainphotographics #trb_express #tokyocameraclub #love_bestjapan #colorsjp #wu_japan #best_photo_japan
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Haunting Colorized Photos Reveal The Devastation Caused By The Spanish Flu Which Killed At Least Fifty-Million
- Perfect Doormats For COVID-19 Social Isolation
- Photographer Took His Drone To Capture How People Are Dealing With Quarantine
- Virtual Traveller Used Google Street View To Explore Poland During Quarantine, Here’s What She Found
- Goats Take Over Empty Streets Of Seaside Town In Wales During The Coronavirus Outbrake
- The Beautiful, Surreal And Sometimes Sinister Artwork Of Jaco Putker
- Russian Artist Transforms Old, Shabby Walls Into Mesmerizing Art Objects
- #NotYourValentine: Controversial Brand Honey Birdette Lingerie Flashmob Takes To Sydney
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s