Designer Creates Human Ivory Jewelry Out Of Her Own Teeth
In a time when ivory poaching has gotten so bad that it threatens to wipe out several animal species, a young Dutch designer is creating “egalitarian jewelry” made of our very own ivory – teeth.
Lucie Majerus first got the idea for her “human ivory” collection after having her wisdom teeth removed. She kept them and soon realized they would make great material for a statement jewelry collection.
“Why wouldn’t we value our own material instead of the precious material from other species?” she rhetorically asks. “In opposition to materialistic values, “Human Ivory” acts metaphorically for having our own value in ourselves. A suggestion to cherish our own “Material” instead of other species’ teeth and reconsider conventional preciousness. What if we mine our own ivory and turn it into pearls?”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Old Soviet Ships Transformed Into Yachts for Millionaires
- 1960 Ford Spaceliner, a Vehicle That Looks a Bit Like a Spaceship From a Science-Fiction Movie
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Japanese Photographer Releases Book Of Breasts And Cats
- This German Grandma Spends 30 Thousand Euros To Tattoo Her Whole Body
- Photographer Reveals What Tricks He Uses To Get Interesting Photos In 30 Examples
- This Instagram Account Cleverly Photoshops Animals Into Everyday Things
- The Merging Art & Science Of Daniel Martin Diaz
- Face of 4000-Year-Old Dog Revealed by Forensic Reconstruction
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers