Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
The Continental Mark V is a personal luxury coupe that was marketed by the Lincoln division of Ford Motor Company from the 1977 to 1979 model years in North America. The fourth generation Mark series, the Mark V was derived from its Continental Mark IV predecessor, bringing an extensive update to the interior and exterior design. While only sold for three years, the Mark V is the best-selling generation of the Mark series, with 228,262 examples produced.
At 230 inches long, the Mark V is the largest two-door coupe ever sold by Ford Motor Company, with the 233-inch long two-door and four-door Lincoln Continental sedans (produced alongside it) as the only longer vehicle ever marketed by Ford.
Distinguished by its sharp-edged exterior design, design themes of the Mark V would be adapted onto Lincoln vehicles throughout the 1980s. For 1980, the Mark V was replaced by the Continental Mark VI. As the Mark series underwent downsizing in the interest of fuel economy, the Mark VI saw significant reductions in exterior dimensions.
All Continental Mark Vs were assembled alongside the Lincoln Continental at the now-closed Wixom Assembly Plant in Wixom, Michigan.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- Beautiful and Frightening: Mako Vice’s Bizarre Drawn Girls
- Spectacular Photographs of Newcastle in the 1970s
- Finally, The 2022 Chicken Daddies Calendar Is Here!
- Grimes, Rita Ora & Iggy Pop: The First Look On The Pirelli’s 2022 ‘On The Road’ Calendar
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- Story of My F*cking Life: A Journal for Banishing the Bullsh*t, Unlocking Your Creativity, and Celebrating the Absurdity of Life
- Best Photos From 2021 International Wedding Photographer Of The Year Contest
- The Many Faces of the Tiger: Funny Drawings by Bu2ma
- Artist Creates Colorful Illustrations Of Inviting And Cozy Japanese Houses