In 1979, lots of people were standing in front of garish purple-pink backgrounds, but few ever did it as well as Michelle Pfeiffer did. Continue reading »
Actress and model Vikki Dougan earned her nickname “The Back” thanks to the dangerously low-back, curve-hugging dresses she wore in the 1950s and 1960s. Dougan’s alluring back has even inspired a song written by folk music legends The Limelighters whose lyrics passionately request that she “turn her back” on them. Continue reading »
Born 1953 in Athens, Georgia, Kim Basinger was offered a modeling contract with the Ford Modeling Agency, but turned it down in favor of singing and acting, and enrolled at the University of Georgia. She soon reconsidered and went to New York to become a Ford model. Continue reading »
In the 1980s, a young Demi Moore quickly turned her General Hospital TV stardom into a full fledged movie career that made her one of the top actors of the decade. Continue reading »
John Frankenheimer’s 1966 film, a fast-paced story of Formula One excitement, featured many genuine racing legends on set – and a young French singer by the name of Francoise Hardy… Continue reading »
Stunning Black And White Photos Of A Young Katharine Hepburn In The Grass Taken By George Hoyningen-Huene In 1934
Photographer George Hoyningen-Huene captured Hepburn’s independent quality in these 1934 portraits that depict her in her element: out of doors, dressed casually, and devoid of the studio glamour trappings. Many of the images from this session were published in the September 1934 issue of Vanity Fair. Continue reading »
Born 1966 in Paris, French actress, director, screenwriter, and author Sophie Marceau achieved popularity with her debut films La Boum (1980) and La Boum 2 (1982) as a teenager, receiving a César Award for Most Promising Actress. Continue reading »
Bai Ling is a 49 year old American actress of Chinese descent who chose to show off her very unusual outfit for the 2015 Geekie Awards. Continue reading »
“Homeland” actress Claire Danes received a very high honor on Thursday: She was awarded Harvard University’s Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year title in a wacky ceremony with all the pomp and hilarity you’d expect.
The club honors one man and woman each year with the iconic golden pot award. Past Hasty Pudding honorees include actresses Julianne Moore and Anne Hathaway, talk-show host Jay Leno, and singer-turned-actor Justin Timberlake.
Claire Danes gets two big smooches during the Hasty Pudding celebrations. Continue reading »
- Beautiful ’60s Fashion Photography by Henry Clarke
- “City Life”: The Superb Contemporary Oil Paintings of Vincent Giarrano
- “Client Error”: The Superb Digital Artworks of RETOKA
- Aerial Photographer Created A Miniature Utopian Village And It Took Him 2 Years To Finish
- A Sweet Little Photo Story Proving That True Love That Knows No Bounds
- Abandoned As A Baby Due To Albinism, Xueli Grew Up To Become A Vogue Model
- Want to Take Your Pet Fish for a Walk? There’s a Bag for That!
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- “Unpopular Culture”: Artist ‘Uncovers’ The Disturbing Behind-The-Scenes Of Popular Characters
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s