45 Glamorous Photos Of Young Sophie Marceau In The 1980s
Born 1966 in Paris, French actress, director, screenwriter, and author Sophie Marceau achieved popularity with her debut films La Boum (1980) and La Boum 2 (1982) as a teenager, receiving a César Award for Most Promising Actress.
In 1981, Marceau made her singing debut with French singer François Valéry on record “Dream in Blue”, written by Pierre Delanoë. She rejected the main role in a soon-to-be controversial film, Beau-père, in which she would have played as a teenage girl who seduces her step-father for a sexual relationship.
Marceau became a film star in Europe with a string of successful films, including L’Étudiante (1988), Pacific Palisades (1990), Fanfan (1993), and Revenge of the Musketeers (1994). She became an international film star with her performances in Braveheart (1995), Firelight (1997), and the 19th James Bond film The World Is Not Enough (1999).
In 1995, Marceau wrote a semi-autobiographical novel, Menteuse (the English translation, Telling Lies, was published in 2001). Her work was described as “an exploration of female identity”.
In 2002, Marceau made her directorial debut in the feature film Speak to Me of Love, for which she was named Best Director at the Montreal World Film Festival.
Take a look at these glamorous photos to see the beauty of young Sophie Marceau in the 1980s.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- 16 Moms Who’re Proud Of Their Perfect Imperfections
- 12 Reasons Why I Love Her
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- A Horror–mad Seven-Year-Old Girl Has Ditched Disney Princesses to Recreate Scenes from Gory Films Such as The Exorcist and Chucky