40 Fabulous Photos of Kim Basinger in the 1970s
Born 1953 in Athens, Georgia, Kim Basinger was offered a modeling contract with the Ford Modeling Agency, but turned it down in favor of singing and acting, and enrolled at the University of Georgia. She soon reconsidered and went to New York to become a Ford model.
Following a successful modeling career in New York, Basinger moved to Los Angeles where she began her acting career on television in 1976. She starred in several made-for-television films, including a remake of From Here to Eternity (1979), before making her feature debut in the drama Hard Country (1981).
Hailed as a sex symbol of the 1980s and 1990s, Basinger came to prominence for her performance of Bond girl Domino Petachi in Never Say Never Again (1983). She subsequently received a Golden Globe Award nomination for her role in The Natural (1984), starred in the erotic drama 9½ Weeks (1986), and played Vicki Vale in Tim Burton’s Batman (1989), which remains the highest-grossing film of her career.
For her femme fatale portrayal in L.A. Confidential (1997), Basinger won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. Her other films include No Mercy (1986), Blind Date (1987), Prêt-à-Porter (1994), I Dreamed of Africa (2000), 8 Mile (2002), The Door in the Floor (2004), Cellular (2004), The Sentinel (2006), Grudge Match (2013) and Fifty Shades Darker (2017).
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- Beautiful and Frightening: Mako Vice’s Bizarre Drawn Girls
- Spectacular Photographs of Newcastle in the 1970s
- Finally, The 2022 Chicken Daddies Calendar Is Here!
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- Grimes, Rita Ora & Iggy Pop: The First Look On The Pirelli’s 2022 ‘On The Road’ Calendar
- Story of My F*cking Life: A Journal for Banishing the Bullsh*t, Unlocking Your Creativity, and Celebrating the Absurdity of Life
- Best Photos From 2021 International Wedding Photographer Of The Year Contest
- The Many Faces of the Tiger: Funny Drawings by Bu2ma
- Artist Creates Colorful Illustrations Of Inviting And Cozy Japanese Houses