EcoHelmet: Portable Paper Head Protection For Cyclists
As urban cycling continues to increase in popularity, bike commuters still face the same challenge: carrying a clunky helmet with them wherever they go. For part-time, on-demand cyclists in places with bike share programs the problem is even more pronounced: hopping a ride is simply not a safe option unless they happen to have headgear handy.
Hence the EcoHelmet by Isis Shiffer, a graduate of the Pratt Institute of Design in New York. Her collapsible helmet is designed to be low-cost (around $5) and easy to pack into vending machines paired with bike sharing stations.
Recycled paper is woven into a folding honeycomb structure that is light, durable and portable, forming a protective cover in moments. A waterproof coating also protects the helmet from rainfall.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy Views today: 72,766 - Photography
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan Views today: 38,020 - Photography
- American Artist Creates Creepy Trump Photo Collages Views today: 2,481 - Inspirations
- Powerful NSFW Photos From The 2017 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Badass Views today: 2,040 - Photography
- Instagram’s ‘Bros Being Basic’ Shows Men Recreating Clichéd Snaps Of Women Views today: 1,466 - Inspirations
- Russian Dental Clinic N2 – Probably The Scariest Dental Clinic In The World Views today: 1,344 - Travel
- Awkward Metal Band Photos Views today: 1,009 - Photography
- Meet Oreo, The World’s First Cat Nurse Views today: 954 - Animals
- Photographer Olgaç Bozalp Captures Fashion People In Iran, And It’s Not Easy Views today: 784 - Photography
- Finnish Woman Creates Controversial Self Portraits, Calls It Art Views today: 651 - Inspirations
- How To Cure ‘Mototoxicosis’ Views today: 590 - Photography
- Meet Angela Nikolau, The Russian Girl Who Takes The World’s Riskiest Photos Views today: 514 - Photography
- A Meditative Photo Series Shows Tokyo’s Loneliest Moments Views today: 456 - Photography
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager Views today: 448 - Photography
- American Women Mugshots In The 1960s Views today: 427 - Photography