EcoHelmet: Portable Paper Head Protection For Cyclists
As urban cycling continues to increase in popularity, bike commuters still face the same challenge: carrying a clunky helmet with them wherever they go. For part-time, on-demand cyclists in places with bike share programs the problem is even more pronounced: hopping a ride is simply not a safe option unless they happen to have headgear handy.
Hence the EcoHelmet by Isis Shiffer, a graduate of the Pratt Institute of Design in New York. Her collapsible helmet is designed to be low-cost (around $5) and easy to pack into vending machines paired with bike sharing stations.
Recycled paper is woven into a folding honeycomb structure that is light, durable and portable, forming a protective cover in moments. A waterproof coating also protects the helmet from rainfall.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
- There’s An Old Abandoned Theme Park Near Tokyo, And It’s Creepy As Hell Views today: 2,539 - Travel
- The Innovative Minimalist Earrings By The Designer Otis Jaxon Views today: 1,140 - Design
- The White House’s Pete Souza Has Shot Nearly 2M Photos Of Obama, Here Some Of His Favorites Views today: 1,058 - Photography
- Ed Gein Style Horror Jacket Is The Most Terrifying Jacket Ever Views today: 1,046 - Design
- Walking On Frozen Baikal, The Deepest And Oldest Lake On Earth To Capture Its Otherworldly Beauty Views today: 960 - Travel
- Biting Illustrations That Uncover All Of The Human Essences In Modern World Views today: 935 - Inspirations
- When You See Where This Hidden Staircase Leads You’re Going To Want One Views today: 928 - Design
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager Views today: 559 - Photography
- An Artist Transforms The Shapes Of Animals Into Cubes To Makes Them Definitely Look Straight Out Of Minecraft Views today: 476 - Animals
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You Views today: 310 - Photography
- Honest Puns Inspired By CSS That Web Designers Can Relate To Views today: 303 - Inspirations
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century Views today: 282 - Inspirations
- This Dreadful Emptiness: Dark And Depressive Illustrations By Aron Wiesenfeld Views today: 254 - Inspirations
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images Views today: 251 - Photography
- Vibram Furoshiki Shoe Views today: 226 - Technology