Man Spends $4,000 On Giant Statue To Give Town The Middle Finger – It’s Art, Officials Say
A Vermont man locked in a bitter dispute with the town of Westford decided to take matters into his own “hand” in December — by erecting a giant statue of a middle finger for all to see, NBC 5 reported.
“I’m fed up and it was time to do something,” Ted Pelkey said, according to the station.
The statue is a large hunk of carved wood that looks like a hand flipping the bird. Pelkey placed it on a high pedestal so it could be seen from the road, and surrounded it with floodlights to keep it illuminated at night.
The sculpture cost him $4,000 and is made of a 700-pound block of pine, the Burlington Free Press reported. The unusual display comes amidst what Pelkey said was an ongoing dispute with the city over his plans to build a large garage and move his business to his property.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Guy Hilariously Captions The Weirdest Construction Fails He Finds
- Man Uses 11 Shipping Containers To Build His 2,500 Square Foot Dream House, And The Inside Looks Amazing
- A Mixture Of Innocence, Beauty, Violence, Decadence, Japanese And Russian Folklore – In Bizarre Works By Vania Zhuravlev
- In An Old Village In Southern Bavaria, A Unique Ancient Pagan Tradition Is Still Alive
- Girl Draws Self-Portraits Before And During LSD High
- Meet Sygmond, The Beautiful Gray Cat Of Your Nightmares
- 40 Newspaper Headlines That Push The Limits Of Human Stupidity
- Weird Grave Stones Of The Russian Bandit Cemetery
- Yokai Horrors From The 18th Century Bakemono Zukushi Scroll – The Nightmarish, Curious And Rather Cute Demons Were Created In The Edo Period
- Nature’s Dystopian Nature: An Artist Creates Images That Show Nature Taking Over Our Civilization