Man Spends $4,000 On Giant Statue To Give Town The Middle Finger – It’s Art, Officials Say
A Vermont man locked in a bitter dispute with the town of Westford decided to take matters into his own “hand” in December — by erecting a giant statue of a middle finger for all to see, NBC 5 reported.
“I’m fed up and it was time to do something,” Ted Pelkey said, according to the station.
The statue is a large hunk of carved wood that looks like a hand flipping the bird. Pelkey placed it on a high pedestal so it could be seen from the road, and surrounded it with floodlights to keep it illuminated at night.
The sculpture cost him $4,000 and is made of a 700-pound block of pine, the Burlington Free Press reported. The unusual display comes amidst what Pelkey said was an ongoing dispute with the city over his plans to build a large garage and move his business to his property.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Stress: TMJ Disorder Visualized As A Bronze And Concrete Sculpture
- Japanese Photographer Shows The Otherworldly Beauty Of Nara Prefecture In Serendipitous Scene
- Designed By Nature: World’s Greatest Gallery Of Mushrooms That Look Like Butts
- Photographer Anthimos Ntagkas Captures Mystically Unexpected Street Pictures
- Bizarre Vintage Photos Of Steam Engines After A Boiler Explosion From The Late 19th And Early 20th Centuries
- Fine Art And Dark Beauty Portrait Photography By Haris Nukem
- Really Triggering Floor Designs That Will Annoy The Perfectionist In You