Man Spends $4,000 On Giant Statue To Give Town The Middle Finger – It’s Art, Officials Say
A Vermont man locked in a bitter dispute with the town of Westford decided to take matters into his own “hand” in December — by erecting a giant statue of a middle finger for all to see, NBC 5 reported.
“I’m fed up and it was time to do something,” Ted Pelkey said, according to the station.
The statue is a large hunk of carved wood that looks like a hand flipping the bird. Pelkey placed it on a high pedestal so it could be seen from the road, and surrounded it with floodlights to keep it illuminated at night.
The sculpture cost him $4,000 and is made of a 700-pound block of pine, the Burlington Free Press reported. The unusual display comes amidst what Pelkey said was an ongoing dispute with the city over his plans to build a large garage and move his business to his property.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- This Lithuanian Woman Has The Greatest Facebook Profile Pictures Ever
- Hilarious Childhood Hairstyles From The 1980s And Early ’90s You’ve Ever Seen
- Photographer Forms Landscapes Using Just Human Bodies And The Result Looks Majestic
- Photographer Michal Zahornacky Creates Minimalistic Architectural Collages Inspired By The Current Pandemic Situation
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Running In The Night: The Superb ’80s Cyberpunk Artworks By Daniele Gasparini
- These Young People from Lagos, Nigeria Took Smartphone Photography to The Next Level
- Photo vs Art: Russian Artist Turns Celebrities Into Adorable Cartoon Characters
- This Dude Keeps Protesting Annoying Everyday Things With Funny Signs