The Art of the App: Works made on iPads and iPhones
Kissed by the Sun, by Xi Chen.
If Damien Hirst Were An Artist … (fill in the rest), by Helene Goldberg, exclusively an iPad artist who started painting at 68. You can see more of her work on her Flickr page.
Abstract Still Life by Helene Goldberg.
Raheem Nelson, an iPad cartoonist and illustrator who has stopped using traditional media completely. See more of his art on his blog http://eyeofthesungod.blogspot.com
Boat (Goa), by Brendan Kelly – “The iPhone really allows you to play with colour, keeping the spontaneity of the drawing.” You can see more of Brendan’s work on his site, http://brendankellyartist.co.uk
Tower Bridge Sunset, by Brendan Kelly.
This drawing of a clementine by Peter S Smith was done on the iPhone. It is from a collection all drawn from observation, using the finger rather than a stylus. You can see more of Peter’s work on his website peterssmith.weebly.com
View of Edlington Looking West, by Fraser Scarfe, using Brushes for the iPad. He says: “All the works are reliant upon the relationship between the hand and eye – the same combination behind visual art since day one.” You can see more of his work on his website, http://fraserscarfe.co.uk
Christmas card, by Amanda McIvor, who was inspired by David Hockney’s work to buy an iPad to create paintings. Visit her blog, http://lifebeyondthefringe.blogspot.com to watch a video of her creating her Christmas card using Brushes App.
Capello by Michael John Michael. Michael says: “This was made using the app Procreate. I use it along with SketchBook Pro.” You can see more of Michael’s work on his blog, http://michaeljmichael.com
Durdle Door, by James London-Webb, made with ArtRage on iPhone. You can see more of Jame’s art work on his site, http://jameslondonwebb.com
Work by Roy Rubenstein. You can see more of Roy’s art on his blog, http://kayewatercolour.tumblr.com
Loreto Valenzuela – created on an iPad app called Eazel. You can see more of Valenzuela’s art on her site, http://saatchionline.com/loretoValenzuela
Work by David Kowalski, using the app Procreate. If you’d like to see more of David’s work, visit his site, http://davidkowalski.nl
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
More Inspiring Stories On Design You Trust:
- Spanish Designer Fernando Abellanas Works In A Secret Studio Right Under The Bridge
- When Photos Looked Like Paintings: Dreamy Landscape Photographs Taken By Leonard Misonne
- The Electric State: Simon Stålenhag Comes A New Narrative Artbook About A Girl And Her Robot Traveling West In An Alternate 90s USA
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Can You Spot Yourself In These Designer Stereotypes?
- Head Back To The 80s With Chris Mcveigh’s LEGO Retro Desk Kits
- Scary Potter – Terrifying Alternative Posters For The Harry Potter Movies
- Living La Dolce Vita: Vintage Photos Show How Idyllic Italy Was In The 1980s
- Illustrator Yaoyao Ma Van As Perfectly Captures The Happiness Of Living Alone
- Ohio Youth Of The 1970s – Lovely Photos Of Long-Haired Teenage Girls In Dayton From 1974-75
- Beautiful 1980s Portraits Capture The Vibrant Residents Of A Single East Berlin Street
- Stunning Construction Photos Of Zaha Hadid Architects’ Leeza SOHO Tower And Its Record-Setting Atrium
- Art In The Shadows: Artist Damon Belanger Enlivens City With Serendipitous Paintwork
- Artist Jacqueline Mak Takes On Consumerism, Body Politics, Humor, And Eroticism In Raunchy NSWF Collages
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Casual NSFW Sculptures Show Women Getting Cozy In Themselves
- An Imagination That Looks Great On Paper: The Creative Mind Of Lily Seika Jones
- These Weird Clocks Use Human Faces To Display The Time
- Kids Will Be Kids! James Nathaniel Likes To Turn People Into Children By Making Their Heads Bigger.
- Artist & Chief Daniele Barresi Carves Out A Unique Space Between Food And Art
- Japanese Company Releases Line Of ‘Crotch Charms’ For Women To Dangle From Their Swimsuits Between Their Legs
- The Very Badass Digital Art By Liana Anatolevich
- Chinese Artist Creates Creepy Celebrity Portraits Made From Other People’s Faces
- “Secret Window, Secret Garden”: Dreamlike Photography By Shaina Sterrett
- “A Time Of Love And War”: Amazing Digital Art By Wang Ling