Nightmare Playgrounds: The Worst and Scariest Playgrounds of All Time, Part 1
These creepy masterpieces of sculpture and landscaping can be found in playgrounds not only in Russia (even though this is where the majority of photos come from) but also in China, East European Countries, and even in the US – anywhere the grass-roots creativity goes bad and the bad taste gets promoted, often unintentionally.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for dreaming up bizarre stuffs for kids, and some of the sculptures shown here might be considered as downright fascinating; but others are… well, ugly as hell.
And… not just kids, but some more impressionable adults can be psychologically scarred from letting these monsters into their dreams and thinking too much about them. In some cases, a visit to such a playground can even be considered as an insurable hazard – leading to some successful lawsuits (just kidding).
Continue to part 2.
- Fascinating Photo Manipulations And Advertising Photography By Christophe Huet
- This Black Guy Drew What It Was Like Being The Only Black Man In A White Office In The 60s, And It’s Worse Than You Think
- Superb Creative Photography Of Arthur Mebius
- Artist Re-Reading Damaged Images Of The Virgin Mary Transforming Them Into Icon Characters Of Pop Culture
- Marvelous Portraits Of Beautiful Russian Women By Sergey Shatskov
- Artist Mario Unger Spends 3000 Hours To Colorize Old Black & White Photos Of Famous People
- Hilarious Questions Posed To The New York Public Library Pre-Internet
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Stunning Photos Of Ecstatic Teenagers Screaming At Pop Concerts In The 1960s And 1970s
- “Don’t Drive Drunk”: Powerful And Creative Anti-Drink Driving Campaign