Chinese Tech Companies Hiring ‘Pretty’ Girls to Motivate Male Employees by Chatting, Playing Ping Pong and Buying them Breakfast
Here’s Trending in China explaining what’s going on:
“Internet companies across China are embracing programming cheerleaders, pretty, talented girls that help create a fun work environment. Their job includes buying programmers breakfast, chitchatting and playing ping-pong with them.”
An HR manager at an internet company in China that hired three such cheerleaders tells Trending in China that its programmers are “mostly male” and stink at socializing.
Reportedly, productivity is up at the company, and supposedly, the cheerleaders are helping programmers get more work done. But it all seems rather patronizing—for both the cheerleaders and the programmers. So, uh, yeah.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s