Cheerful Portraits Of Cats Shaking Themselves Clean
Want to know how to capture a wacky portrait of your cat? Shoot a photo while they’re shaking themselves clean (or dry). That’s what photographer Carli Davidson did for her new project titled Shake Cats.
Davidson is a 34-year-old Portland-based animal rights activist who found most of her subjects from local animal rescues. After shooting a nice head shot of each cat for the shelter website — which helped them get adopted almost immediately — Davidson gave the cats a grooming session with nail trimmings and ear cleanings, after which the cats would usually shake themselves. If that didn’t do the trick, a few drops of water usually would.
The resulting portraits are wonderfully bizarre-looking!
Davidson has shot nearly 100 cats so far for the Shake Cats project. She’s publishing around 140 of them in a new book that’s coming out on October 27th, 2015.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- Fabulous Portrait Photos of Celebrities Taken by Patrick Lichfield
- The Wining Images of The Female in Focus Photography Awards 2021
- The Fantastic, Beautiful and Colorful Mosaic Portraits by Charis Tsevis
- Poetic, Emotional and Minimalist Photographs by Kersti K
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- These Prank Stickers Will Make You The Most Hated Person In The Office
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- These Realistic Animal Paintings Show How We Neglect Them