The World’s Most Expensive Parking Lot is in the Middle of the Ocean
The deck of the USS Ronald Reagan, a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, is covered with the vehicles of sailors, making it a strong contender for the title of the world’s most expensive parking lot. The ship, currently on its way to Naval Base Kitsap in Bremerton, Wash., has cars worth a total of $4.5 billion!
Although this may sound unusual, it is actually common practice. In fact, it turns out this is a lot cheaper and an easier way of transporting vehicles.
An aircraft carrier carrying several huge fighter jets will not really be put out by the weight of a few cars. Moreover, parking on the deck also saves the U.S. Navy money since this is the only way sailors’ vehicles can reach their destinations, without paying for alternative modes of transport!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Chameleons Will Hold Anything You Give Them, and They Look Like Tiny Old Men!
- Stunning Photos Of 2021 Natural Landscape Photography Awards
- This Artist Turns Sketches Into Amazing Digital Art
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- Stunning Winning Photos Of Nature inFocus Photography Contest 2021
- Artist Carves Tiny Birds Under A Microscope To Make The Outside World Disappear
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- Artist Makes Caricatures That Capture Dogs’ Most Prominent Features
- This Artist Creates Beautifully Bizarre Backpacks That Look Like Octopus, Spiders, And Beetles
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021