The World’s Most Expensive Parking Lot is in the Middle of the Ocean
The deck of the USS Ronald Reagan, a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, is covered with the vehicles of sailors, making it a strong contender for the title of the world’s most expensive parking lot. The ship, currently on its way to Naval Base Kitsap in Bremerton, Wash., has cars worth a total of $4.5 billion!
Although this may sound unusual, it is actually common practice. In fact, it turns out this is a lot cheaper and an easier way of transporting vehicles.
An aircraft carrier carrying several huge fighter jets will not really be put out by the weight of a few cars. Moreover, parking on the deck also saves the U.S. Navy money since this is the only way sailors’ vehicles can reach their destinations, without paying for alternative modes of transport!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- ‘80s Pop Culture Icons as McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Stunning Winners Of The One Eyeland World’s Top Wedding Photographers 2021
- Stunning Winning Photos Of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Winning Photographs Of The Urban Photo Awards 2021
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s