Couple Announces Pregnancy Using Mom’s Body to Create Some Attractive ‘Live’ Scenes
Simon Schaffrath and his girlfriend Saskia Repp from Frankfurt, Germany are expecting their first child (already named Theodore) in November, and to announce their good news, they decided on an unconventional method, allowing the whole family to get involved.
Schaffrath, a 27-year-old graphic designer and photographer by day used his artistic skills to create fun scenes using Repp’s body as a landscape. Her stomach acts as a snowy mountain, a rolling hill, a small island and even a sand trap on a golf course.
“We wanted to create some new and really creative pregnancy pictures,” Schaffrath told Mashable in an email, “something our family and friends haven’t seen yet.”
And the undertaking was no easy task. With the help of their good friends Philipp Rauland and Petra Hofman, Schaffrath said that each photograph took about a week each to complete, between planning, editing and capturing the photographs.
So far, Schaffrath says that the response has been good.
“These picture show how much we enjoy this time and how happy we are,” said Schaffrath. “And that’s something the whole world should know! My girlfriend loves them and she is really happy we have something that will always remember us this special time”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- The Brilliant, Provocative Trump Ad That Had Cannes And Social Media Buzzing
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- These Incredible Sand Sculptures By Andoni Bastarrika Are The Ultimate Childhood Dream
- “Let The Water Be Your Guide”: The Ultra-Realistic Watercolor Paintings Of Marcos Beccari