Family Creates Scary-Good Replica Of The Shining’s Overlook Hotel In Gingerbread
Making gingerbread houses is a beloved holiday tradition, but chances are yours doesn’t have creepy twins or a bloody elevator.
One family created a replica of the haunted Overlook Hotel from ‘The Shining’, and posted photos of their so-good-it’s-scary handiwork on Reddit.
“We worked on and off for about two weeks,” agkeeling wrote. “My dad does all of the design from photos. We do one nearly every year – no duplicates.”
A gingerbread house complete with wallpaper and carpeting. No big deal.
For the outside, they added quinoa on the roof and for the entrance, and for the blood on the windows they melted red jolly ranchers and poured it onto wax paper. When they were cool enough to touch, they peeled it off the paper and hand pulled it into the splash shapes!
But the question is: do they actually eat it?
“We never eat them. They take so long to make that they’re super stale by the end. We usually try to destroy them in some fun way after a couple months!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- An Animal Shelter Dressed Dogs in Human Clothes to Help Them Find Homes
- Person Uses Artificial Intelligence To Make Anime And Cartoon Characters Look More Realistic
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Makeup Artist Keeps Transforming Herself Into Characters And Celebrities
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- Sexy Pictures Of ABBA’s Agnetha Faltskog Posed For Sweden’s Poster Magazine In 1976
- This Artist Makes Alternative Posters For Horror Films And TV Series In The Form Of Clay Sculptures