Family Creates Scary-Good Replica Of The Shining’s Overlook Hotel In Gingerbread
Making gingerbread houses is a beloved holiday tradition, but chances are yours doesn’t have creepy twins or a bloody elevator.
One family created a replica of the haunted Overlook Hotel from ‘The Shining’, and posted photos of their so-good-it’s-scary handiwork on Reddit.
“We worked on and off for about two weeks,” agkeeling wrote. “My dad does all of the design from photos. We do one nearly every year – no duplicates.”
A gingerbread house complete with wallpaper and carpeting. No big deal.
For the outside, they added quinoa on the roof and for the entrance, and for the blood on the windows they melted red jolly ranchers and poured it onto wax paper. When they were cool enough to touch, they peeled it off the paper and hand pulled it into the splash shapes!
But the question is: do they actually eat it?
“We never eat them. They take so long to make that they’re super stale by the end. We usually try to destroy them in some fun way after a couple months!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “The Witches of Fabersham Forest”: The Dark Surrealism and Visual Mysteries of Noah Stacey
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- Spectacular Winning Images of the International Portrait Photographer of the Year 2021
- Photographer Titus Poplawski Captures Beautiful, Intimacy and Surreal Photos
- Cuong Nguyen Uses The Streets As A Canvas For His Incredibly Realistic Chalk Portraits
- Artist Takes A Critical Look At Modern Society And Calls Attention To Problems In Today’s World With His Thought-Provoking Illustrations
- These Humorous Illustrations Perfectly Sum Up The Reality Of Living With Anxiety And Depression
- Artist Used A.I. To See How Good It Would Be At Guessing What These Celebrities Looked Like As Teenagers
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits of People Over 100 with Their Younger Selves
- The Impressive Surreal Body-Painted Illusions of Hikaru Cho