Plus-Size Models Re-Creates ‘Sports Illustrated’ Cover
You don’t have to be stick thin to land a Sports Illustrated cover as these plus-size models show.
This year’s 50th anniversary Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover features Chrissy Teigen, Lily Aldridge and Nina Agdal posing together topless on the beach.
And plus-size brand Swimsuits For All recruited top models, including Robyn Lawley, to recreate the sultry pose and show off their curves in bikinis of all shapes and sizes.
The new campaign was shot in Turks and Caicos and is also part of the brand’s upcoming swimsuit calendar which intends to prove that “sexy curves go beyond a size four.”
Lawley poses alongside Jada Sezer, Shareefa J, and fashion blogger Gabi Gregg in the campaign.
Gregg explained:”I think it’s sad that the representatives of women in mainstream culture are usually so small just because we have such a diversity of sizes in the real world.
“What happens is, I think, so many women see those girls and think they have to look like them. And I know plus-size models and bloggers, like myself, are really helping change that.”
Meanwhile, Aussie model Robyn has long been vocal about her struggles to overcome the body image ideals set in place by the fashion industry and publicly applied for a place in next year’s SI Swimsuit Issue and has appeared on the cover of Vogue Italia.
“We’d send beauty companies pictures of me, and they’d reply saying don’t ever send us “plus-size” models,” she said of the early days of her career.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- Awesome Illustrations About Women by Majéon
- “One Day with Salvador Dalí”: A Surreal Photo Shoot of Salvador Dalì in His Seaside Villa, 1955
- “So Many Tons of Democracy Waiting to Get Delivered”: The Superb Sci-Fi Concept Artworks of Ronan Le Fur
- Ukrainian Artist Spent Seven Month to Create This Relief Wood Carving
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “False Gods”: The Superb Retro Aesthetic Artworks of Fârzad Borousan
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- “Excommunicated” Cat Waits to Be Absolved of Feline Sins Outside Temple Gate
- 45 Glamorous Photos Of Young Sophie Marceau In The 1980s
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival