Two Friends Start Free Mobile Laundry Service For Homeless
Two guys from Brisbane, Australia have taken it upon themselves to found a charity – Orange Sky Laundry, that offers a free mobile laundry service to the Australian Homeless. They’ve now officially been washing clothes for a month.
Childhood friends Lucas Patchett and Nicholas Marchesi came up with the idea last year, fitting out an old van nicknamed Sudsy with a generator, water tanks and two large washing machines and dryers, taking to the streets in their home town of Brisbane.
“We wanted to improve the hygiene standards of the homeless so we came up with this crazy idea of building a free mobile laundry,” Mr Marchesi said.
“We bought two washing machines and two dryers and put them in the back of a van and started driving around parks and drop in centres and washing and drying clothes for free.”
Surely a noble cause and inspirational as well. So are you going to open a laundry service like this in your city? Also, don’t miss “San Francisco’s Homeless Get Showers-On-Wheels With Transformed Old Buses“, “Canadian Kids Are Tying Coats To Street Poles To Keep Homeless Warm This Winter“, “This Guy Gives Homeless People Free Haircuts — And Changes Their Lives For The Better” and “A Fashion Designer Is Making Coats That Double As Sleeping Bags For The Homeless… And They’re Made From Abandoned Festival Tents”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Stunning Black and White Celebrity Photographs Taken by Dennis Hopper in the 1960s
- Style Accessories Made From The Most Random Stuff You Can Find In Your Home By This Canadian Artist
- Woman Put A Water Fountain With A Camera In Her Yard, Here Are Stunning Photos Of Regular Visitors
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Hyperrealistic 3D Sculpting Works by Marianna Yakimova
- 10 Famous Movie Titles Written Using Negative Space
- “Tomorrow Never Came”: The Dystopian Worlds of Abel Chan Arce
- “The Society of Fatigue”: The Spiritual & Psychedelic Collages by Anarkoiris
- World Sports Photography Awards 2021: The Best Sports Photos Captured Over the Past 25 Years
- Italian Artist Illustrates the Sad Truth of Modern Life