Istanbul Inception: Surreal Turkish Cityscapes By Aydın Büyüktaş
For the series ‘Flatland‘, Turkish artist Aydin Buyuktas creates surreal cityscapes of Istanbul. Inspired by Edwin Abbat’s book ‘Flatland: A Romance Of Many Dimensions’, the photoshopped images depict the metropolis from surprising perspectives.
In a statement about the project, Buyuktas says: “We live in places that most of the times don’t draw our attention, places that transform our memories, places that the artist gives another dimension; where the perceptions that generally cross our minds will be demolished and new ones will arise.”
To create the series, Büyüktaş created a 3D simulation of Istanbul to find his camera positions. He then deployed a drone to capture various parts of the city.
“Waiting for the right weather was challenging,” Büyüktaş tells The Creators Project. “So many times I had to turn back without a photos because of bad weather, technical problems, birds that attack the drone and flight permission problems.”
Büyüktaş first experimented with collaging the drone photos by hand, but turned to Adobe Photoshop when he didn’t get the results he wanted. With this software, he was able to collage the drone photographs so that landscapes and structures bend and warp in ways that recall Christopher Nolan’s film Inception.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- New Bronze Melania Trump Statue Unveiled in Slovenia After Original Was Set on Fire
- Japanese Photographer Releases Book Of Breasts And Cats
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- 1960 Ford Spaceliner, a Vehicle That Looks a Bit Like a Spaceship From a Science-Fiction Movie
- Street Artist Uses Traditional Persian Rugs As Canvas To Spray-Paint Female Portraits
- “40p Static Movie – Bullet Speed”: Insane Action Photoshoot by Chen Zhun for FHM China
- Awkward Christian Music Album Covers
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Face of 4000-Year-Old Dog Revealed by Forensic Reconstruction
- The Majesty Of The Animal Kingdom in Amazing Photographs by Simen Johan