Glowing Dress Turns Claire Danes Into Cinderella At The Met Gala
The theme of this year’s Met Ball, fittingly sponsored by Apple, was Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology, and Claire Danes’ dress took the cake. Designed by Zac Posen, he “sourced the fiber optic woven organza in this dress from France, and there are 30 mini battery packs sewn into the gown’s understructure,” according to FastCo.
The Met Gala is held annually for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum Of Art’s Costume (Fashion) Institute in New York City, the only department that has to fund itself. The invitation-only black-tie event is held on the first Monday in May, with tickets this year going for 30,000 USD, and tables for 275,000 USD.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Artist Reveals What Fonts Were Used To Design Famous Logos
- Stunning Colorized Photos Of Legendary Soviet Female Snipers From WWII, Including One Dubbed ‘Lady Death’ Who Killed 309 Nazis
- Photographer Captures The Best (Worst?) Mullets From MulletFest 2020
- The Supertrain Of 1979 Will Blow Your Mind
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Thai Woman Cosplays As Zombie To Sell Dead People’s Clothes Online
- These Marine-Themed Cakes Are The Coolest Treats We’ve Seen In A While
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- What’s Wrong With Today’s Society Captured In Though-Provoking Illustrations By Al Margen
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers