Alex Chinneck Transforms An Antique Grandfather Clock Into A Flexible Sculpture
Alex Chinneck’s (previously) latest artwork, ‘Growing up gets me down’, transforms an antique grandfather clock into a contemporary sculpture.
The unique piece, which is on display and available to purchase at Liberty London, achieves the seemingly impossible task of tying the body of a longcase oak clock into a knot. The result is an inventive and witty twist on a traditional aesthetic, breathing new life and eccentricity into an antique object.
Best known for his surreal public artworks, wherein buildings appear to hover, bricks melt and tarmac curls, the artist enjoys pushing the boundaries of materials and their sculptural potential. The knotted clock introduces fluidity to a typically inflexible form and represents an exciting new move for the artist into producing work that simultaneously occupies the territories of sculpture and interior design.
More: Alex Chinneck
- Gorgeous NSFW Female Portraits By The Russian Photographer Marat Safin
- “Dreams Of Sensuality”: Beautiful Art Nude Photography By Dani Fehr
- Gorgeous Female Portraits By The Miami Beach Photographer Mark Del Mar
- “Postcards From Google Earth”: This Artist Finds Strange Beauty in Google’s Apocalyptic Glitches
- Stunning Socialist-Era Architecture: The Brutalism Of Zagreb, Croatia
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner
- Breathtaking Photos Of Australian Drought From Above
- How People With Bad Eyesight See The World When They Take Off Their Glasses
- Wax Sculpture Of Sleeping Woman Doubles As Candle
- Artist Maimouna Guerresi Photographs ‘Aisha In Wonderland’
- Designer 3D Prints Famous Logos Into Items You Can Use Everyday
- Marvelous NSFW Female Portrait Photography By Darren Ankenman
- Stroyboard Artist Marty Cooper Inserts Cartoons Into Real-World Situations
- Turkish Artist Abdullah Evindar Creates Fantastic Surreal Silhouette Photo Collages
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy