Alex Chinneck Transforms An Antique Grandfather Clock Into A Flexible Sculpture
Alex Chinneck’s (previously) latest artwork, ‘Growing up gets me down’, transforms an antique grandfather clock into a contemporary sculpture.
The unique piece, which is on display and available to purchase at Liberty London, achieves the seemingly impossible task of tying the body of a longcase oak clock into a knot. The result is an inventive and witty twist on a traditional aesthetic, breathing new life and eccentricity into an antique object.
Best known for his surreal public artworks, wherein buildings appear to hover, bricks melt and tarmac curls, the artist enjoys pushing the boundaries of materials and their sculptural potential. The knotted clock introduces fluidity to a typically inflexible form and represents an exciting new move for the artist into producing work that simultaneously occupies the territories of sculpture and interior design.
More: Alex Chinneck
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Beautiful Underwater NSFW Photos That Redefine Women’s Beach Stereotypes
- Comedian Creates Hilarious Fake Signs, Places Them All Around Los Angeles
- Glamour And Art Nude Photography By The Belarusian Photographer Juri Sergeyev
- Hawaii-Based Photographer And A Former Marine Makes Stunning Underwater NSFW Pictures
- NSFW “French Postcards” That Will Show You How People Got Nudes Way Before The Internet
- Photographer Robert Ogilvie Perfectly Captures The Heart And Soul Of San Francisco
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Creepy And Dark Photography Of Nona Limmen, Covered With Goth, Fantasy And Metamorphosis
- Volcano Eruption In Guatemala Leaves Behind Ghost Town
- Photographer Captures Minimal Architecture Photos Sprinkled With Tiny Humans
- “New York, By The Way”: Urban Pastel Color Photography By Ludwig Favre
- A Towering Wooden Sculpture By Daniel Popper Welcomes Beachgoers In Tulum
- Amazing Black and White Photographs Capture Scenes From Venice Beach In The 1970s And ’80s
- The Photographer That Is Constantly Silenced And Censored By Instagram
- French Photograher Captured Stunning Pictures Of Post-Soviet Holiday Camp In Artek, Crimea