Compare Orcs And Their Actors In “Warcraft: The Beginning”
In Universal Pictures and Legendary Pictures’ “Warcraft: The Beginning,” the filmmakers went back into the past to introduce the origins of Warcraft and then took a giant step forward with their use of special effects, computer generated imagery, and motion capture technology to tell that story in the most believable way.
By bringing Academy Award®-winning visual effects supervisor Bill Westenhofer onto the project, not only were they collaborating with one of the very best in the business but, fortuitously, he was already a devoted player of the game. By far the biggest challenge for director Duncan Jones, Westenhofer and their team was the orcs. Of the more than 2,000 visual effects shots created, almost 1,300 shots involved these hulking warriors.
The Warcraft story is one of human versus orc, with each side having its protagonist and antagonist. At the outset, the filmmakers knew that these seven-to-eight foot, 500 pound creatures would have to be digital. But they wanted the audience to be able to see the same caliber of performance from them as from the humans. To do that, humans and orcs had to be filmed together, and that meant the tremendous challenge of pushing state-of-the-art motion capture technology to an entirely new level.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Stunning Black and White Celebrity Photographs Taken by Dennis Hopper in the 1960s
- Woman Put A Water Fountain With A Camera In Her Yard, Here Are Stunning Photos Of Regular Visitors
- This Woman Paints on Horseshoe Crabs
- “The Society of Fatigue”: The Spiritual & Psychedelic Collages by Anarkoiris
- Style Accessories Made From The Most Random Stuff You Can Find In Your Home By This Canadian Artist
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- “Tomorrow Never Came”: The Dystopian Worlds of Abel Chan Arce
- The Hyperrealistic 3D Sculpting Works by Marianna Yakimova
- World Sports Photography Awards 2021: The Best Sports Photos Captured Over the Past 25 Years
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers