Adorable Felt Toy Specimens Are Unusual And One-Of-A-Kind
Most people think of stuffed bears or dolls when they think of toys, but Vancouver-based artist Hine Mizushima has her own ideas of what toys are. Mizushima creates more than just felt toys, she creates specimens. Her tiny felted creations of squids, sea slugs, and octopi are adorable and redefine what a stuffed toy is.
Working from a small studio in her home, Mizushima crafts the tiny creatures by hand, selling her felt creations and prints of the little dioramas she constructs on her Etsy page and on Society6. Mizushima imagines her creations engaging in various activities, like cooking or learning about anatomy in science class. The playful and bright colors of the little creatures make the slugs and cephalopods too cute to be creepy. Many of her adorable felt sculpture have been exhibited in galleries across the United States and in Japan, her native country.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Nature Conservancy Photo Contest 2021
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- DEKOCHARI: The Youth of Japan Customise Their Pushbikes in Extreme Ways
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- The Wining Images of The Female in Focus Photography Awards 2021
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos