Meet The Artist Selling Real Carved Human Skulls
Artist Zane Wylie has purchased dozens of human skulls. He carves the bones with intricate designs and sells them on his website for thousands of dollars. But the art of bone carving is complex: It’s both technically difficult, and it’s increasingly tough to find legally obtained skulls for purchase, as major online retailer eBay prohibited the sale of human remains this year.
Wylie, who uses this pseudonym for his skull caving business, didn’t carve the first human skull he bought, which he nicknamed “Yorick.” Instead, he carefully studied it.
“I was in a program that studied fine muscle movements in the human face,” he told Vocativ, and he purchased the specimen to help support his studies. Though he said he was glad to find an excuse to buy a human skull, which had long intrigued him.
The hours of work paid off, and the intricately decorated skull sold quickly on eBay. After this initial success, Zane purchased more skulls and soon started a full-fledged business, complete with homemade over-the-top promotional videos.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Japanese Photographer Captures Stunningly Gorgeous Photoshoot of Tokyo Station During a Typhoon
- Bums for The Bush: The Cheeky Campaign Helping Aussie Farmers
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- Japanese Artist Crafts Awesome Cyberpunk Demon Masks
- Misty Lochs, Magical Woods and Spectacular Lightning Strikes: Feast Your Eyes on The Incredible Winning Shots for The 2020 Landscape Photographer of The Year Awards
- Graphic Artist Reimagines Children’s Board Games As Superb Horror Movie Posters
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Amazing Black and White Photographs Capture Everyday Life in France During the Mid-20th Century
- Spectacular Winning Photos from The Weather Photographer of the Year 2020 Awards
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers