Photographer Documents Stay-At-Home Dads And Their Kids In Sweden
Johan Bävman is a talented Swedish photojournalist, who worked as a staff photographer at Sydsvenskan, one of the largest newspapers in Sweden. When Johan‘s son Viggo was born three years ago, he decided to take a deeper look at his country’s extremely generous parental leave policies.
Johan Ekengård, 38, product developer at Sandvik
“In order to promote a more equal sharing of parental leave between men and women, a so called ‘equality bonus’ has also been introduced. The more days that are shared between parents, the higher the bonus,” Bävman explaines.
Jonas Feldt, 31, job centre administrator
For his series “Swedish Dads”, Johan Bävman captured and interviewed 45 fathers he met through Sweden’s open daycares and special parent groups. He is looking for a total of 60 fathers to photograph, to symbolize the 60 days of parental leave they’re allowed in Sweden.
Ingemar Olsén, 37, IT consultant
The current system of Sweden allows parents to stay at home with their child during 480 days.
Göran Sevelin, 27, student
Andreas Bergström, 39, senior probation officer
Juan Cardenal, 34, industrial-design student
Loui Kuhlau, 28, artist
Marcus Pranter, 29, wine salesman
Martin Gagner, 35, administrator at Malmö University
Michael Winblad, 35, self-employed
Ola Larsson, 41, purchaser
Samad Kohigoltapeh, 32, construction engineer
Tjeerd van Waijenburg, 34, product developer at Ikea
Urban North, 32, infrastructure consultant
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “All Our Wrong Todays”: The Colossal Worlds Of Nicolas Bouvier
- This Artist Paints In A Hyperrealistic Style And Some Of Her Works Look Like Photos, While Others Look Like Dreams
- Stunning Black and White Photos of Chicago in 1988
- The Mind-Boggling Hyperrealistic Pencil Drawings By Alessandro Paglia
- “Rite of Passage”: Striking Vintage Photos of Florida Spring Break in the ‘80s
- This Home Baker’s Gorgeous Rye Bread Could Start A Revolution
- The Most Creative Photos Of The World Naked Gardening Day 2020, Even In Isolation
- The Stunning Art Of George Redreev
- How To Take Care Of A Sad Person In Ten Easy Steps
- “Iconic Covers”: Russian Designer Represents Famous Album Covers as Icons