A Visual Record of New Jersey Bikes & Ink in the 80s in Photographs by Pulsating Paula
Pulsating Paula tapped us with her eye-popping photographic archive of the New Jersey bike and tattoo crowd she shot back in the ’80s & ’90s.
These images speak of authenticity, grit, and good times. Looking at these raw, honest shots what speaks to me is that life itself is f’ing good, if you have the nuts to truly go out and live it. It’s not the stuff. You need to show up, be authentic, truly appreciate family & friends, where you are and what you have. When you do that you realize you have all you need.
“Born in Jersey City. Moved to New Brunswick when I was 8. Got married to my first lay in 1973. 10 years later he bought me a camera, a Canon AE1. I still have it. Started taking photos of biker parties and tattoo events. Sent them into ‘Biker Lifestyle’ magazine who later Paisano publications took over. They came out with ‘Tattoo’ magazine first of it’s kind ever. Between the Biker and Tattoo magazines I had thousands of photos published. The 10 minute set up of my photography studio consisted of 2 flood lights that burnt the shit out of any poor person in front of them, and a 6×9 foot black cloth I got from Kmart that was tacked onto a wall. Never considered myself professional ever. I just loved doing it with every fiber in my body. I know the wonderful people I met and places I been in this journey will live on forever in my photographs. I’m so glad I was there with you.” – Paula Reardon (aka Pulsating Paula)
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- Sweet Comics By Luong Thuy Show What Being In A Relationship Is Like
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Wonder Of Illustrating Perpetual Movement in Space From A 1875 Astronomy Book
- Breathtaking WWII Colorized Photos Look Like They Were Taken Yesterday
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- Artist Colorizes 50 Old Photos, And It Might Change The Way You Perceive History