This Light Allows Kids To Create And Play With Shadows
Inspired by watching children’s fascination with shadow play, Swedish designer Erik Bele Höglund has created Darkness Design – a simple light that allows kids to play with shadows without having to go through a complicated set up process.
After sketching a number of different designs, Höglund arrived at one that resembles a bucket. The design allows kids to easily carry the light from one room to another, and the wood handle can easily be pushed down to create a stand.
The lamp is made from a wood body with a wood handle and a plexiglass lens. Two circular knobs at the bottom of the lamp make it easy to wrap up the cord when playtime is over, but the sophisticated color and style make it an object you wouldn’t mind being left out.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Zdzisław Beksiński: Terrifying Visions Of Hell By Murdered Polish Painter
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Guy Sucks At Photoshop, Spends 10 Years Mastering Microsoft Paint To Illustrate His Book
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Guy Discovers He Can Go Anywhere While Wearing A Hi-Vis Vest
- Awkward Vintage Japanese Movie Monsters
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- “Russian Elite”: Photographer Documents Life Of Rich And Poor In The Prestigious Residential Area Rublevka
- Retired Ladies Live Their Dreamlife In A Cosy Forest House Designed By A Japanese Architect
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager