This Light Allows Kids To Create And Play With Shadows
Inspired by watching children’s fascination with shadow play, Swedish designer Erik Bele Höglund has created Darkness Design – a simple light that allows kids to play with shadows without having to go through a complicated set up process.
After sketching a number of different designs, Höglund arrived at one that resembles a bucket. The design allows kids to easily carry the light from one room to another, and the wood handle can easily be pushed down to create a stand.
The lamp is made from a wood body with a wood handle and a plexiglass lens. Two circular knobs at the bottom of the lamp make it easy to wrap up the cord when playtime is over, but the sophisticated color and style make it an object you wouldn’t mind being left out.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Winning Photos Of TDM Street Photography Awards 2021
- French Artist Adds Celebrities Into Classical Paintings
- Weird And Wonderful Illustrated Letters From A 16th Century Songbook
- Photos of Mark Frechette and Daria Halprin During the Filming of ‘Zabriskie Point’, 1970
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- 11 Totally Accurate Illustrations Showing Exactly What It’s Like to Be a Woman
- Amazing Black and White Winning Images of The WildArt POTY Monochrome Competition
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “Detached, in Harmony”: Artist Taking Conceptual Photography to New Heights