This Light Allows Kids To Create And Play With Shadows
Inspired by watching children’s fascination with shadow play, Swedish designer Erik Bele Höglund has created Darkness Design – a simple light that allows kids to play with shadows without having to go through a complicated set up process.
After sketching a number of different designs, Höglund arrived at one that resembles a bucket. The design allows kids to easily carry the light from one room to another, and the wood handle can easily be pushed down to create a stand.
The lamp is made from a wood body with a wood handle and a plexiglass lens. Two circular knobs at the bottom of the lamp make it easy to wrap up the cord when playtime is over, but the sophisticated color and style make it an object you wouldn’t mind being left out.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Cool Pics That Show People With Technologies In The 80s
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- 1,400-Year-Old Gingko Tree Sheds a Spectacular Ocean of Golden Leaves
- U-118, a World War One Submarine Washed Ashore on the Beach at Hastings, England
- 3D-Printed Paintings Let The Blind “See” Famous Art For The First Time
- Japanese Sculptor Shows How He Transforms Wood Into Surreal Sculptures
- McDonalds Opens A Tiny Restaurant For Bees
- Woman Knits Tiny Wool Sweaters to Keep Chickens Warm
- Photographer Jun Yamamoto Captures The Magic Of Japan Streets At Night
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden