This Light Allows Kids To Create And Play With Shadows
Inspired by watching children’s fascination with shadow play, Swedish designer Erik Bele Höglund has created Darkness Design – a simple light that allows kids to play with shadows without having to go through a complicated set up process.
After sketching a number of different designs, Höglund arrived at one that resembles a bucket. The design allows kids to easily carry the light from one room to another, and the wood handle can easily be pushed down to create a stand.
The lamp is made from a wood body with a wood handle and a plexiglass lens. Two circular knobs at the bottom of the lamp make it easy to wrap up the cord when playtime is over, but the sophisticated color and style make it an object you wouldn’t mind being left out.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- The Brilliant, Provocative Trump Ad That Had Cannes And Social Media Buzzing
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- These Incredible Sand Sculptures By Andoni Bastarrika Are The Ultimate Childhood Dream
- “Let The Water Be Your Guide”: The Ultra-Realistic Watercolor Paintings Of Marcos Beccari