This Light Allows Kids To Create And Play With Shadows
Inspired by watching children’s fascination with shadow play, Swedish designer Erik Bele Höglund has created Darkness Design – a simple light that allows kids to play with shadows without having to go through a complicated set up process.
After sketching a number of different designs, Höglund arrived at one that resembles a bucket. The design allows kids to easily carry the light from one room to another, and the wood handle can easily be pushed down to create a stand.
The lamp is made from a wood body with a wood handle and a plexiglass lens. Two circular knobs at the bottom of the lamp make it easy to wrap up the cord when playtime is over, but the sophisticated color and style make it an object you wouldn’t mind being left out.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Rare Vintage Photos Of The Timberline Lodge, Stanley Kubrick’s Film Inspiration For “The Shining”, In 1921
- The ‘I’m Tired’ Project Tackles Discrimination With Body Art
- “Hollywood In Real Life”: This Instagram Account Is Capturing The Locations Of Famous Hollywood Scenes
- Craftsman Gabriel Dishaw Upcycles Louis Vuitton Bags Into Elaborate ‘Star Wars’ Helmets
- Italian Graphic Designer Emanuele Abrate Perfectly Fixes The ‘World’s Worst Logos’
- Artist Andrei Lacatusu Reduces Tech Giant Brands To Derelict Neon Signs
- Stunning Photos Show What Disney Princesses Would Look Like If They Were African American
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Awkward Vintage Japanese Movie Monsters