See How This Illuminated Portrait Of Nikola Tesla Was Made
Ambience Lighting, together with artist Duro Cubrilo, have created a portrait of Nikola Tesla, one of the world’s greatest visionaries, by using a grid of light bulbs. Lets have a look at how it all came together…
A plan was created using a variety of different sized dots.
These dots were then applied to an image of Nikola Tesla to create a design layout
Next, 759 LED bulbs were opened…
And prepped for painting with the different sized dots applied.
The light bulbs then received a coat of black paint.
Once dried, the dot sticker was peeled off from the top of the bulb.
Here is you can see some of them after painting.
Following the layout diagram, each light bulb was placed in a designated spot.
Here we see the piece is coming together…
Here’s a close-up look at the bulbs, where we can see the different amounts of white and black.
A quick look at the wiring on the back of the piece.
Once the piece was completed, it took a team of people to hang it in the display space.
Here is the finished piece…
And here it is with the lights on.
You can watch a ‘making of’ video below:
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- There’s an Atmospheric Abandoned Jurassic Park Located in the Heart of Russia
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Stunning Entries of The 2021 Perpignan’s Festival of Photojournalism
- The Art of Japanese Portrait Photography by Kishin Shinoyama
- Vintage Cars, Palms & Backyard Pools in Californian Inspired Paintings by Danny Heller
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Bird Photographer of the Year 2021
- Our Dystopian Future in Dark Cyberpunk Artworks of Nagafujiriku
- Modern Logos in Chromatic Style by Martin Naumann
- The Most Impressive Photos From The Ocean Photography Awards 2021 Finalists
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964